BEFORE you buy....

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jim Jensen, Sep 30, 2004.

  1. Jim Jensen

    Jim Jensen Guest

    In the last 10 months alone, I've tossed a new Canon camcorder, a Sony
    N81 VCR, a Sony N900 VCR into a dumpster for being junk. I had to
    replace a Sony KV-20V60 table top TV that burned-up after sever years
    of faithful service, and went looking....

    I ended up compromising on a Panasonic CT27SL14 with a slight video
    flaw (a vertical burn-out) on the right and side of the screen after
    the retailer had delivered THREE Sony KV-27FS320's (and TWO of these
    piece-of-shit CT27SL14's for a total of FIVE sets) to my home with the
    same god damned factory defect!

    That's right, ALL of them were flawed, and my only consolation is
    knowing that each trip cost the store $125 (or $625) to deliver them.

    If that wasn't bad enough, I just sent a brand new handheld scanner I
    paid over $600 for last month back to the factory for warranty repair.

    No, this isn't bad luck when the proof is in the factory-sealed boxes
    (or TRASH being passed off as consumer electronics), so the moral is,
    if you can do without it, fucking DO WITHOUT IT.

    Make this Christmas season the most disappointing one ever for the
    traitorous jew purveyors of Chinese garbage, and adorn yourselves and
    your Brethren instead with love, respect and a GOOD HANDGUN (before
    the yellow snouts make mockeries out of those too).
    Jim Jensen, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Jim Jensen

    Doc Shock Guest

    "Jim Jensen" <> wrote in message
    > In the last 10 months alone, I've tossed a new Canon camcorder, a Sony
    > N81 VCR, a Sony N900 VCR into a dumpster for being junk. I had to
    > replace a Sony KV-20V60 table top TV that burned-up after sever years
    > of faithful service, and went looking....
    >
    > I ended up compromising on a Panasonic CT27SL14 with a slight video
    > flaw (a vertical burn-out) on the right and side of the screen after
    > the retailer had delivered THREE Sony KV-27FS320's (and TWO of these
    > piece-of-shit CT27SL14's for a total of FIVE sets) to my home with the
    > same god damned factory defect!
    >
    > That's right, ALL of them were flawed, and my only consolation is
    > knowing that each trip cost the store $125 (or $625) to deliver them.
    >
    > If that wasn't bad enough, I just sent a brand new handheld scanner I
    > paid over $600 for last month back to the factory for warranty repair.
    >
    > No, this isn't bad luck when the proof is in the factory-sealed boxes
    > (or TRASH being passed off as consumer electronics), so the moral is,
    > if you can do without it, fucking DO WITHOUT IT.
    >
    > Make this Christmas season the most disappointing one ever for the
    > traitorous jew purveyors of Chinese garbage, and adorn yourselves and
    > your Brethren instead with love, respect and a GOOD HANDGUN (before
    > the yellow snouts make mockeries out of those too).

    Irate consumer, or COMMIE PLOT!
    Doc Shock, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Jim Jensen

    Jordan Lund Guest

    (Jim Jensen) wrote in message news:<>...

    Canon camcorder
    Sony N81 VCR
    Sony N900 VCR
    Sony KV-20V60
    TWO Panasonic CT27SL14
    THREE Sony KV-27FS320's
    brand new handheld scanner
    (they still make those?)

    All of these purchases have one thing in common... YOU! I think the
    problem may have less to do with the quality of the electronics than
    you think.

    - JOrdan
    Jordan Lund, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Jim Jensen

    Doonie Guest

    On 30 Sep 2004 06:11:05 -0700, Jim Jensen wrote:

    >Make this Christmas season the most disappointing one ever for the
    >traitorous jew purveyors of Chinese garbage, and adorn yourselves and
    >your Brethren instead with love, respect and a GOOD HANDGUN (before
    >the yellow snouts make mockeries out of those too).

    Ever hear that song by Neil Young, "Piece Of Crap"? :)
    Doonie, Oct 1, 2004
  5. Jim Jensen

    Biz Guest

    Why did you keep buying Sony products?

    Biz, Oct 1, 2004
  6. Jim Jensen

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Jim Jensen, says...
    > traitorous jew purveyors of Chinese garbage

    Racist much?
    Mark Spatny, Oct 1, 2004
  7. Jim Jensen

    Lothar Guest

    (Jim Jensen) wrote in message news:<>...
    > In the last 10 months alone, I've tossed a new Canon camcorder, a Sony
    > N81 VCR, a Sony N900 VCR into a dumpster for being junk. I had to
    > replace a Sony KV-20V60 table top TV that burned-up after sever years
    > of faithful service, and went looking....

    Everybody should know by now that Sony is absolute crap. After my TV
    went up in flames a few years ago I stopped buying Sony.

    Sony gives dealers the highest profit margins, so they are keen to
    sell the crap to you. And how can you have high quality with such high
    profit margins? Simple answer: you cannot.
    Lothar, Oct 1, 2004
  8. "Jim Jensen" <> wrote in message
    > In the last 10 months alone, I've tossed a new Canon camcorder, a Sony
    > N81 VCR, a Sony N900 VCR into a dumpster for being junk. I had to
    > replace a Sony KV-20V60 table top TV that burned-up after sever years
    > of faithful service, and went looking....
    >
    > I ended up compromising on a Panasonic CT27SL14 with a slight video
    > flaw (a vertical burn-out) on the right and side of the screen after
    > the retailer had delivered THREE Sony KV-27FS320's (and TWO of these
    > piece-of-shit CT27SL14's for a total of FIVE sets) to my home with the
    > same god damned factory defect!
    >
    > That's right, ALL of them were flawed, and my only consolation is
    > knowing that each trip cost the store $125 (or $625) to deliver them.
    >
    > If that wasn't bad enough, I just sent a brand new handheld scanner I
    > paid over $600 for last month back to the factory for warranty repair.
    >
    > No, this isn't bad luck when the proof is in the factory-sealed boxes
    > (or TRASH being passed off as consumer electronics), so the moral is,
    > if you can do without it, fucking DO WITHOUT IT.
    >
    > Make this Christmas season the most disappointing one ever for the
    > traitorous jew purveyors of Chinese garbage, and adorn yourselves and
    > your Brethren instead with love, respect and a GOOD HANDGUN (before
    > the yellow snouts make mockeries out of those too).

    Did you literally toss those cameras? Sounds like you have money trees
    growing in your back yard.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Oct 1, 2004
  9. "Jim Jensen" <> wrote in message
    > In the last 10 months alone, I've tossed a new Canon camcorder, a Sony
    > N81 VCR, a Sony N900 VCR into a dumpster for being junk. I had to
    > replace a Sony KV-20V60 table top TV that burned-up after sever years
    > of faithful service, and went looking....
    >
    > I ended up compromising on a Panasonic CT27SL14 with a slight video
    > flaw (a vertical burn-out) on the right and side of the screen after
    > the retailer had delivered THREE Sony KV-27FS320's (and TWO of these
    > piece-of-shit CT27SL14's for a total of FIVE sets) to my home with the
    > same god damned factory defect!
    >
    > That's right, ALL of them were flawed, and my only consolation is
    > knowing that each trip cost the store $125 (or $625) to deliver them.
    >
    > If that wasn't bad enough, I just sent a brand new handheld scanner I
    > paid over $600 for last month back to the factory for warranty repair.
    >
    > No, this isn't bad luck when the proof is in the factory-sealed boxes
    > (or TRASH being passed off as consumer electronics), so the moral is,
    > if you can do without it, fucking DO WITHOUT IT.
    >
    > Make this Christmas season the most disappointing one ever for the
    > traitorous jew purveyors of Chinese garbage, and adorn yourselves and
    > your Brethren instead with love, respect and a GOOD HANDGUN (before
    > the yellow snouts make mockeries out of those too).

    traitorous jew purveyors...hey why don't you kindly go have your head
    examined. Better yet, get back into that trailer you live in and read the
    bible so you can learn not to be a lowlife racist. Really, you impress few
    by blaming jews for bad electronics. You sound quite like the obcessive type
    who finds fault in everything..including people. You think it's only the
    Jews that support chinese manufacturers? Do you live on the same planet the
    rest of us do. Mainland
    China would be desititute if it were not for the fact that people of all
    races and culture around the world buy their products. You probably ended up
    with the many bootlegs that exist in China. Oh, one more thing-**** you for
    saying that about Jews.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, Oct 1, 2004
  10. Jim Jensen

    Ed Kim Guest

    Sony is chinese? who knew!
    Ed Kim, Oct 1, 2004
  11. >Everybody should know by now that Sony is absolute crap.

    Not really. It depends on what you buy.

    Sony is one of those manufacturers where the more you spend, the more likely it
    will be that you'll get something decent. This isn't always the case, but
    there is some level of consistency here.

    For Sony, I'd only go with high end for audio and at least mid-range for video.

    Audio receivers are an example. The DE models are almost all abominations
    while the DB and ES lines are generally good. (Although, I don't recommend the
    current generation silver ES receivers with the S-Master digital amplifiers.
    Get a Denon AVR-3805 instead.)

    For video equipment, I've had nothing but excellent luck with Sony, even with
    the infamous DVP-S360 DVD player (although the reason why mine still works is
    because I've got firmware v1.815 while problematic models used older firmware
    like v1.345).

    For rear-projection CRT sets, Sony or Hitachi. Nothing else.

    This applies to consumer products. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 4, 2004
  12. Cross-posting like the little troll that you are?

    You've said the same thing verbatim on the VCR usenet group!

    PLONK!! - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 4, 2004
  13. >Sony is chinese? who knew!

    And there are still alot of people who think RCA is still American. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 4, 2004
  14. Jim Jensen

    FAQmeister Guest

    "LASERandDVDfan" <> wrote in message
    >> Sony is chinese? who knew!

    > And there are still alot of people who think RCA is still American.
    > - Reinhart

    Are there any consumer electronics still made in the US?
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    FAQmeister, Oct 5, 2004
  15. >Are there any consumer electronics still made in the US?

    Actually, yeah, believe it or not. But usually very large items like
    rear-projection TVs. There are some sets that are made in the U.S. while
    others are made in Mexico. Made in North America for North American markets
    for logistics reasons. (Cheaper to ship bigscreens within the country or from
    Mexico than overseas.) - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 5, 2004
  16. Jim Jensen

    TrevorS Guest

    For what it's worth, the last two TV's I bought are both Sony's. I
    picked up a 36" WEGA XBR two years ago for use in my home theater
    (replaced my 12 year old Mitsubishi RPTV whose power supply failed).
    Then I picked up a 27FS210 about six months ago to replacing a dying
    19" Sony I bought in 1975. The XBR is superb for serious viewing and
    the FS210 is just fantastic for not only general purpose but also 16:9
    DVD viewing (amazing picture quality). The built in sound quality is
    also outstanding.
    TrevorS, Oct 5, 2004
  17. Jim Jensen

    Impmon Guest

    On 30 Sep 2004 15:29:36 -0700, (Jordan Lund)
    wrote:

    >brand new handheld scanner
    >(they still make those?)

    Not easy to find but they are still around mostly for scanning small
    pictures like business card. An USB flatbed scanner is only about $25
    these day and all it needs is lots of desk room just to have it.
    Impmon, Oct 12, 2004