Before and After sensor cleaning

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by embee, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. embee

    embee Guest

    Hi,

    My Canon 10D was recently rendered useless by tonnes of rubbish on the
    sensor. This happened when I foolishly changed lens while the camera
    was on a tripod on top of a mountain on a windy day - I really don't
    know what I was thinking of when I did it!

    Anyway, after posting here for advice and doing my own research, I
    bought some Visible Dust brushes, Sensor Clean and Chamber Clean and
    went to work. After three cleaning cycles, my sensor is now 90 per
    cent better than it was. One more pass and I think it will be
    spotless, but I'll do the last pass another time - for now, I am a
    very happy snapper!

    Check out the before and after pictures (and tell me if you've ever
    seen a worse "before" picture!!) http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeb1/

    I am in no way associated with Visible Dust products, I am just a very
    happy customer. I'm sure other products can do an equally good job
    (and probably cost less as well!).

    embee, Dec 30, 2004

  2. embee

    embee Guest

    The link now works - sorry about that!

    embee, Dec 31, 2004

  3. embee

    Stacey Guest

    embee wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > My Canon 10D was recently rendered useless by tonnes of rubbish on the
    > sensor.

    Glad my olympus has a "self cleaning sensor"!
    --

    Stacey

    Stacey, Dec 31, 2004