    turned on produces no picture (to either the monitor or plugged into a TV).

    It gives two beeps then a pause then anothre eight beeps, any idea what's
    wrong please and what these beeps might mean?
    john hamilton, Nov 30, 2010

  2. john hamilton

    John Holmes Guest

    john hamilton "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > We have a Medion pc that we have just transported to another place and
    > when turned on produces no picture (to either the monitor or plugged
    > into a TV).
    >
    > It gives two beeps then a pause then anothre eight beeps, any idea
    > what's wrong please and what these beeps might mean?

    Reseat the video adapter. It probably came a bit loose during
    transportation. Happens all the time.

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Nov 30, 2010

  3. john hamilton <> via

    > We have a Medion pc that we have just transported to another place and
    > when turned on produces no picture (to either the monitor or plugged
    > into a TV).
    >
    > It gives two beeps then a pause then anothre eight beeps, any idea
    > what's wrong please and what these beeps might mean?

    Power the PC down; fasten a static electricity strap from
    your body parts to an electrical ground; open the case;
    gently unseat your video card, then reseat it to a firm
    position. You might as well run up to the store and get
    a couple of cans of canned air to blow the dust out while
    you've got it open. Take care not to vacuum or brush the
    components because you could dislodge one of the jumpers
    or cross-short a component.

    And NEVER NEVER-EVER transport a PC again - without some
    professional assistance and a blessing from your priest!

    HTH.

    --

    Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

    http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

    http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

    Repent! The end is near... Or... good luck
    with that whole pesky "apocolypse" thangy.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 30, 2010