    Does this model detect if the onboard video is in use or do I need to look
    for jumper settings to disable it?

    Thanks
    only-me, Jan 21, 2004

  2. only-me

    only-me Guest

    "only-me" <> wrote in message
    news:mzAPb.19477$...
    > I have obtained what appears to be a Pentium 233 which beeps on startup.

    the
    > code is one long and three short repeated twice.
    > I know this is normally a video error (with an award bios), but replacing
    > the onboard video with another card made no difference.
    >
    > Does this model detect if the onboard video is in use or do I need to look
    > for jumper settings to disable it?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hmmmm

    As usual, as soon as you post, you find the answer.

    Apparently the code is 1-3-1-3 which means check keyboard controller.
    Well, I can't do that and the KB is OK although not the original.

    Next question is, must the keyboard be an HP original?

    Thanks
    only-me, Jan 21, 2004

  3. only-me

    Jackson Guest

    "only-me" <> wrote in message

    > "only-me" <> wrote in message
    > > I have obtained what appears to be a Pentium 233 which beeps on startup.

    > the
    > > code is one long and three short repeated twice.
    > > I know this is normally a video error (with an award bios), but

    replacing
    > > the onboard video with another card made no difference.
    > >
    > > Does this model detect if the onboard video is in use or do I need to

    look
    > > for jumper settings to disable it?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Hmmmm
    >
    > As usual, as soon as you post, you find the answer.
    >
    > Apparently the code is 1-3-1-3 which means check keyboard controller.
    > Well, I can't do that and the KB is OK although not the original.
    >
    > Next question is, must the keyboard be an HP original?

    No, my Netserver LD pro is using a compaq keyboard just fine.

    Jackson.
    Jackson, Jan 21, 2004
  4. only-me

    Bob McLellan Guest

    The beep codes are documented on the bios site (Phoenix I think). If you
    get nothing on the screen at all the beeps may well mean the memory test
    has failed. That could be memory or the on board controller.

    Bob McLellan, Jan 22, 2004