    Three beeps - I guess memory prob, have replaced with known good memory
    still the same.
    Mobo failure?

    MrGrumpy, Mar 29, 2005

  2. MrGrumpy

    Sam Guest

    3 beeps - Base 64 K memory failure

    a.. Reseat the memory.
    b.. Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
    c.. Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. Note: Some systems
    might need to have a memory module in Bank 0.
    d.. Try using RAM chips from the same manufacturer with the same part
    number and speed.
    e.. Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good
    system.
    f.. Trying known good memory in the system.
    g.. Check the power supply and check for power fluctuations.
    h.. Swap the motherboard.

    Sam, Mar 29, 2005

  3. MrGrumpy

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Swapped with known good memory - no change
    Swapped with know good vid card - no change
    Swapped with known good cpu - no beeps
    A mobo/ short failure?

    MrGrumpy, Mar 29, 2005