Beep Code Information Wanted

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Add Subtract, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Add Subtract

    Add Subtract Guest

    Hi,

    Is it unusual for a computer to boot up and run fine (for 2 years)
    without any kind of beep or POST beeps?

    System:

    HP Pavilion 7920
    WinME (build 4.90.3000)
    900 MHz Celeron
    Board: Trigem Computer, Inc Cognac
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies 2.09 04/14/01
    (according to Belarc Advisor 5.1p)
    384 MB Installed Memory

    I've never had any kind of beep when I've booted up for the past 2
    years, so.... ?

    Thanks,

    A. Subtract

    +-

    Add Subtract, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Add Subtract

    paul s Guest

    Add Subtract wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it unusual for a computer to boot up and run fine (for 2 years)
    > without any kind of beep or POST beeps?
    >
    > System:
    >
    > HP Pavilion 7920
    > WinME (build 4.90.3000)
    > 900 MHz Celeron
    > Board: Trigem Computer, Inc Cognac
    > BIOS: Phoenix Technologies 2.09 04/14/01
    > (according to Belarc Advisor 5.1p)
    > 384 MB Installed Memory
    >
    > I've never had any kind of beep when I've booted up for the past 2
    > years, so.... ?

    As long as your happy and the computers happy, don't worry about it.
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Add Subtract

    Me2U Guest

    If it doesn't have a speaker, even when BIOS sends a beep code, obviously
    you will hear nothing.

    Me2U, Jul 21, 2003
  4. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:13:35
    -0700 (PDT), Add Subtract uttered this:

    It's possible that a wire is disconnected from your PC's speaker. If you want to
    know about beep codes, take a look here:
    http://www.sysopt.com/biosbmc.html

    --
    Linux user #305646.
    SuSE Linux Pro 8.2

    William Poaster, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Add Subtract

    Plato Guest

    Add Subtract wrote:

    > Is it unusual for a computer to boot up and run fine (for 2 years)
    > without any kind of beep or POST beeps?

    Sure, especially if your PC maker decided to save a buck by not putting
    a speaker in.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 22, 2003