    workshop. We plan on providing repair and support for Home users and small to
    media size businesses, possibly expanding into Web design, and hopefully
    become a local Microsoft Reseller.

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=, Feb 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?= <> prattled
    ceaslessly in news::

    > I am an MCSE in Windows 2000. I have not had much luck finding a job
    > in the current IT market and I am very close to starting my own
    > Business. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get more
    > information on how to become a Reseller for Microsoft Software. Also,
    > Since both of the guys that will be starting this business with me are
    > also Microsoft Certified, Where can I get information that will
    > explain any help, support or possible benefits that I might be
    > entitled to from Microsoft for having a completley certified workshop.
    > We plan on providing repair and support for Home users and small to
    > media size businesses, possibly expanding into Web design, and
    > hopefully become a local Microsoft Reseller.

    Check out the partner program. Do a search on microsoft's web sight.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Feb 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    https://partner.microsoft.com/global/30000104

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    - 'Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!' - French Knight

    Neil, Feb 10, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    billyw Guest

    i would suggest that you become a registered partner first.
    then sign up for the action pack. keeps your biz street legal at the very
    least.

    one suggestion.. avoid home users like the plague.. they are a vile bunch..
    imho..

    also they apt to faint when they get the bill

    billyw, Feb 10, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    Guest Guest

    whats a site

    prattled

    :

    Guest, Feb 11, 2005

  6. > also they apt to faint when they get the bill

    I agree. Home users will call desperate for help and then after spending 3
    hours on their PC they freak when you hand them a bill for $225. I guess
    they think I do this cause I love technology so much I don't deserved to get
    paid.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CrushesBeforeItCuts, Feb 11, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    fygar Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:52:14 -0000, "billyw" <> wrote:

    >i would suggest that you become a registered partner first.
    >then sign up for the action pack. keeps your biz street legal at the very
    >least.
    >
    >one suggestion.. avoid home users like the plague.. they are a vile bunch..
    >imho..
    >
    >also they apt to faint when they get the bill

    They are easy enough to handle with the $125/hr quote that I usually
    give them

    .....butch()

    fygar, Feb 11, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    Consultant Guest

    how can anyone command 125 an hour for home pc support?

    Consultant, Feb 11, 2005
  9. That would be the community living inside his head I believe. this day and
    age it's almost, if not, impossible to get that rate out of a business, let
    alone a home user.

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 11, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    fygar Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:37:20 -0800, "Consultant"
    <> wrote:

    >how can anyone command 125 an hour for home pc support?

    That's the point - it makes them go away. It's not worth dealing with
    a home user for any less.

    Once you touch somebody's computer, it's yours forever.
    ....butch()

    fygar, Feb 11, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    LnkWizard Guest

    "fygar" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:37:20 -0800, "Consultant"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >how can anyone command 125 an hour for home pc support?

    > That's the point - it makes them go away. It's not worth dealing with
    > a home user for any less.
    >
    > Once you touch somebody's computer, it's yours forever.
    > ...butch()

    I use that method here at work, it keeps the lusers out of my hair.
    Once they know they have to pay for me to support their home
    PC they stop bugging me about it. If they do decide to pay that
    amount then it makes the future hassles worth it.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Feb 11, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    fygar Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:56:10 -0600, "LnkWizard"
    <> wrote:

    >"fygar" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:37:20 -0800, "Consultant"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >how can anyone command 125 an hour for home pc support?

    >> That's the point - it makes them go away. It's not worth dealing with
    >> a home user for any less.
    >>
    >> Once you touch somebody's computer, it's yours forever.
    >> ...butch()

    >I use that method here at work, it keeps the lusers out of my hair.
    >Once they know they have to pay for me to support their home
    >PC they stop bugging me about it. If they do decide to pay that
    >amount then it makes the future hassles worth it.

    That is especially where you use it since coworkers think you are
    just dying to work on their spyware infested junk.

    ....butch()

    fygar, Feb 11, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    fygar Guest

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:46:20 -0500, "The Rev \(MCT\)"
    <> wrote:

    >That would be the community living inside his head I believe. this day and
    >age it's almost, if not, impossible to get that rate out of a business, let
    >alone a home user.

    Obviously you don't get out of the classroom much.

    ....butch()

    fygar, Feb 11, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    fygar <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:46:20 -0500, "The Rev \(MCT\)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>That would be the community living inside his head I believe. this day
    >>and age it's almost, if not, impossible to get that rate out of a
    >>business, let alone a home user.

    > Obviously you don't get out of the classroom much.
    >
    > ...butch()

    the yayo.. it's good today, eh?

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 11, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    beoweolf Guest

    Especially after "Jr" or "Sis"...come right back, as soon as you are out of
    the door...re-infects the machine...then you get a call back from Maw and
    Paw; wondering how, why, your work was so shoddy?

    I hate to even work on friends, family machines for that exact reason. They
    seem to have no problem, compunction about calling in the middle of the
    night with an "emergency"...after directly disregarding specific
    instructions you left them about bad software, email or the need to maintain
    updates on Spyware, AV you installed for them.

    Makes you kinda' long for mainframes, dumb clients...oh yea, I mis-spoke,
    there's not a shortage of Dumb clients, they're just not machines any more.

    beoweolf, Feb 11, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    billyw Guest

    couldn't agree more