  1. R2D2

    R2D2 Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. James Gifford, Dec 18, 2003

  3. R2D2

    gr Guest

    "James Gifford" <> wrote
    > R2D2 <> wrote:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/aloha_miss_toni/tonis_portfoilo

    > Eight pounds of eye makeup doesn't equal "beautiful," IMHO.

    It's not that much makeup, considering these are model shots. Makeup is
    expected for that. Besides, she is quite hot. Okay, her body is a lot better
    than her face, but overall she is a "babe". Oh yeah, and good photos, too.

    gr, Dec 18, 2003
  4. R2D2

    Hank Kimble Guest

    Nice body. Crappy face. Tacky outfits. Potential model? NOT!

    Hank Kimble, Dec 18, 2003
  5. R2D2

    Ed E. Guest

    > Nice body. Crappy face.

    Doesn't it almost always work that way?

    Ed E., Dec 18, 2003
  6. R2D2

    JIM Guest

    "Ed E." <> wrote in message
    > > Nice body. Crappy face.

    > Doesn't it almost always work that way?

    Always - at least "in the eye of the beholder!" There'd be them that would
    find fault with the various "babes" that have made the cover of SI's
    swimsuit edition;)

    Jim

    JIM, Dec 18, 2003
  7. R2D2

    plinko Guest

    That old saying "there's no accounting for taste" applies here. She reminds
    me of those dawgs that run for queen at the local county fair.

    In her favor, she does have a super nice body. But she looks positively
    homely in most photos (check portraits), especially with the caked on makeup
    and the goofy hair. Scary. Without the make like in the B+W shot, she isn't
    too bad but the rest really turn me off.

    She obviously thinks she has what it takes!

    plinko, Dec 18, 2003
  8. You guys are all cruel jerks. These are very good pictures of a pretty
    model.

    The model's body definitely qualifies her as a beautiful babe. Her face is
    not classically beautiful, but look how much better she appears in the
    photos where she's wearing sunglasses, and look at how much her hairstyle
    does for her. Those pictures are fine examples of how a good photographer
    can bring out the best in any model.

    Instead of wasting time on criticism, whenever a good photographer looks at
    a subject he or she begins immediately thinking of ways to bring out the
    subject's better features. You guys who've focused on the poorer views of
    the posted model must have a hard time taking photographs with your heads so
    far up your arses.

    Philip Harris, Dec 18, 2003
  9. R2D2

    Steven Wandy Guest

    "There'd be them that would
    > find fault with the various "babes" that have made the cover of SI's
    > swimsuit edition;)

    They have faces???????????????

    Steven Wandy, Dec 18, 2003
  10. R2D2

    Steven Wandy Guest

    I agree with most of your post BUT the title of the original post was
    "BEAUTIFUL BABE". Therefore, most people (unfortunately) are going to react
    to her looks, not the good or bad work that the photographer did.

    Steven Wandy, Dec 18, 2003
  11. R2D2

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "gr"

    >Okay, her body is a lot better
    >than her face, but overall she is a "babe".

    My dog has a nice body.
    But she's still a dog.

    Annika1980, Dec 18, 2003
  12. "Philip Harris" <> wrote in message
    > You guys are all cruel jerks. These are very good pictures of a pretty
    > model.
    >

    > The model's body definitely qualifies her as a beautiful babe. Her face

    is
    > not classically beautiful

    Double speak for "she's ugly"

    but look how much better she appears in the
    > photos where she's wearing sunglasses, and look at how much her hairstyle
    > does for her.

    Yup, when her face is covered up with dark glass and
    hair................SHE'S HOTT!!!!!

    > Instead of wasting time on criticism, whenever a good photographer looks

    at
    > a subject he or she begins immediately thinking of ways to bring out the
    > subject's better features. You guys who've focused on the poorer views of
    > the posted model must have a hard time taking photographs with your heads

    so
    > far up your arses.

    Given the above paragraph, the view is familiar to you.

    Mr.Excitement, Dec 18, 2003
  13. Havent seen the pics but wonder how many of the people who are
    cutting the lady down would be considered "HUNKS" if someone did a
    photoshoot of them.....

    Kenneth Oakman, Dec 18, 2003
  14. R2D2

    plinko Guest

    I'm ripped!

    plinko, Dec 19, 2003
  15. R2D2

    Max Burke Guest

    > Philip Harris scribbled:
    > You guys are all cruel jerks. These are very good pictures of a
    > pretty model.

    No Philip they were average shots of an average looking model.....
    But perhaps that's what the client wanted, and that's what they (the model
    and photographer) got paid for.....

    Have a look at the work of any top fashion photographer and you'll see that
    every shot is original, unique, and makes the model look original and
    unique, not just another 'pretty woman' posing for photographs...

    --
    mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
    See Found Images at:

    Max Burke, Dec 19, 2003
  16. R2D2

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: Kenneth Oakman

    >Havent seen the pics but wonder how many of the people who are
    >cutting the lady down would be considered "HUNKS" if someone did a
    >photoshoot of them.....

    Websters defines "hunk" as a "large lump."
    Hey, I'm a hunk!

    Annika1980, Dec 19, 2003
  17. R2D2

    dot Guest

    LOL
    That is exactly what I was thinking!
    dot

    dot, Dec 19, 2003
  18. R2D2

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Max Burke" mlvburke@%$%#@.nz

    >Have a look at the work of any top fashion photographer and you'll see that
    >every shot is original, unique, ....

    No. Just the ones you see from the shoot.
    The other 99% were shitcanned.

    Annika1980, Dec 19, 2003
  19. R2D2

    Max Burke Guest

    > Annika1980 scribbled:

    >> From: "Max Burke" mlvburke@%$%#@.nz
    >> Have a look at the work of any top fashion photographer and you'll
    >> see that every shot is original, unique, ....

    > No. Just the ones you see from the shoot.
    > The other 99% were shitcanned.

    That's why they're unique..... ;-)

    It is not altogether wrong to say that there is no such thing as a bad
    photograph;
    Only less interesting, less relevant, less mysterious ones.
    Susan Sontag (b. 1933), U.S. essayist.
    On Photography, The Heroism of Vision. (1977)

    Max Burke, Dec 19, 2003
  20. R2D2

    Bob Thomas Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:11:11 -0500, "Philip Harris"
    <> wrote:

    >You guys are all cruel jerks. These are very good pictures of a pretty
    >model.

    I'd go so far as to say she's Ok ... but not really model material.
    Mind you, she's still probably better than most of us are likely to
    get in the frame (bed or photo).

    > You guys who've focused on the poorer views of
    >the posted model must have a hard time taking photographs with your heads so
    >far up your arses.

    Well, let's face it ... they're not likely to get their heads up hers!

    However, the original poster didn't actually pose this as a
    photographic issue - but to remain on topic I'd have to say that
    photographing attractive woemn isn't that easy (leaving aside the
    difficulty in getting one to pose for you).

    I've tried it a number of times and never come close to getting a
    halfway professional looking result (probably the camera shake didn't
    help).

    Seriously though ... it's a pretty hard subject to do, and anyone who
    hasn't tried it should hold off criticising others until they've done
    better themselves!

    Bob T.

    Bob Thomas, Dec 19, 2003