    it seems that after installing bearshare we have trouble entering our
    gmail account. Has anyone experienced this problem?
    Thanks
    magamago, May 31, 2006

  2. magamago

    Guest

    , May 31, 2006

  3. magamago

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:31:08 -0700, wrote:

    >ummmmm bearshare
    >http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31675

    "THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
    expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."

    Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
    type those words into a search engine.
    Evan Platt, May 31, 2006
  4. magamago

    Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    |>On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:31:08 -0700, wrote:
    |>
    |>>ummmmm bearshare
    |>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31675

    |>"THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
    |>expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."
    |>
    |>Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
    |>type those words into a search engine.

    We know that, and the more I read the article the more it seem'd a
    panic article.

    But I did do a search of bearshare it takes you here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BearShare
    and a "See also" links take you here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware#Routes_of_infection :)

    --
    http://jesuspan.com/
    , May 31, 2006
  5. magamago

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-31, <> wrote:
    > Evan Platt <> wrote:

    >|>"THERE IS ONE phrase which, if you type into any search engine will
    >|>expose your PC to shed-loads of spam, according to a new report."
    >|>
    >|>Not with a properly protected PC. And you need to do more than simply
    >|>type those words into a search engine.
    >
    > We know that, and the more I read the article the more it seem'd a
    > panic article.
    >
    > But I did do a search of bearshare it takes you here
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BearShare

    That's a good article (including links).

    I'll just chime in and mention that if one get's involved with any type of
    "file sharing" (gnutella, napster,...whoever, outside of "request-receive)
    then one is making their computer a type of "server", whether they are ready
    for it or not.

    > and a "See also" links take you here:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware#Routes_of_infection :)

    Sorta along the lines I said above but the direct "file sharing" is a
    bigger problem as opposed to being "dummied" by a trojan.

    WinXP "shared folders" can be a security problem..."file sharing networks"
    are a problem in spades, (or whatever trump is).

    --
    "just my little opinion on safe hex"
    Jimchip, Jun 1, 2006
  6. magamago

    Plato Guest

    magamago wrote:

    > it seems that after installing bearshare we have trouble entering our
    > gmail account. Has anyone experienced this problem?

    Dont use file sharing programs for best results.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 1, 2006
  7. magamago

    ellis_jay Guest

    Jimchip wrote:
    > On 2006-05-31, <>
    > wrote:
    >> Evan Platt <> wrote:
    >>
    >> WinXP "shared folders" can be a security problem..."file sharing

    > networks" are a problem in spades,

    >(or whatever trump is).

    If its a double run bid buck and a half. ( Don't mean to talk across the
    board)

    *wink*

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales