    I did a test on my system and have no problems at all, I did nothing to my
    Router, but had to with eMule due to the port address used, I think it was
    referred to as port forwarding..
    XP, Dec 6, 2005

  2. XP

    Krazy Bob Guest

    I hated emule, even when i port forward and disbabled my software firewall,
    i was having troubles always connecting.

    downloaded limewire and get roughly 89-100KB for each download,
    and when i use bit torrent roughly 30KB.

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 6, 2005

  3. XP

    steve Guest

    XP wrote:

    > Is their any think funny in setting this up
    >

    > A friend it trying to use it, but it does not connect, his Son recommended
    > it but I don't know if its been seen running as they are both on the same
    > Router..
    >
    > I did a test on my system and have no problems at all, I did nothing to my
    > Router, but had to with eMule due to the port address used, I think it was
    > referred to as port forwarding..

    If your firend has a firewall or a firewalling router, he may have to open
    the relvent ports for the P2P traffic to pass in/out of his home network
    (even if it is just one PC).
    steve, Dec 6, 2005
  4. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 10:54:08 +1300, "Krazy Bob" <@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I hated emule, even when i port forward and disbabled my software firewall,
    >i was having troubles always connecting.

    I am not having any problems at all with eMule, its friend that is trying to
    get Bearshare to work..

    XP, Dec 6, 2005
  5. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:08:58 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >

    >> Is their any think funny in setting this up
    >>

    >> A friend it trying to use it, but it does not connect, his Son recommended
    >> it but I don't know if its been seen running as they are both on the same
    >> Router..
    >>
    >> I did a test on my system and have no problems at all, I did nothing to my
    >> Router, but had to with eMule due to the port address used, I think it was
    >> referred to as port forwarding..

    >If your firend has a firewall or a firewalling router, he may have to open
    >the relvent ports for the P2P traffic to pass in/out of his home network
    >(even if it is just one PC).

    But his Son is claiming it works...?
    XP, Dec 6, 2005
  6. XP

    Dave Taylor Guest

    XP <> wrote in

    > Is their any think funny in setting this up

    Usually you have to port forward something for p2p to work:

    http://www.portforward.com/
    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Dec 7, 2005