BEAMING ABOUT THE 40D!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Dec 12, 2007.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Dec 12, 2007

  2. Annika1980

    Troy Piggins Guest

    * Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :
    > Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
    > I feel the sun is only shining on me.
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

    Exif -> Canon EOS D60

    Is that your IR converted camera? I thought trees look whiter
    with IR?

    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    LOL. Timing!

    --
    Troy Piggins
    Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm

    Troy Piggins, Dec 12, 2007

  3. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Dec 11, 8:14 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
    > I feel the sun is only shining on me.http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
    >
    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
    Congrats! On this magnificent work. I won't bore everyone with my
    poor technical critiquing skills but I will say it's very spiritual
    and comforting. I envision it as God calling all angels to come home
    now, as their work is done. Personally, it's very appropriate.
    Helen

    , Dec 12, 2007
  4. Annika1980

    Bob AZ Guest

    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    Annika

    Very nice. It should print well

    Bob AZ

    Bob AZ, Dec 12, 2007
  5. Annika1980

    Bob Williams Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
    > I feel the sun is only shining on me.
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
    >

    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    Timing is everything :)
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Dec 12, 2007
  6. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Dec 12, 12:14 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    absolutely. Just getting Sacred Kingfishers to stay
    put with their heads is pot luck:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/John/_DSC0261.JPG
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/John/_DSC0263.JPG

    unsharpened, uncropped. I might do something with these,
    when I get some free time. AF70-210/4.5-5.6, handheld.

    but my target is the azure kingfisher: only seen one and
    it didn't even give me time to blink, let alone have a shot...

    Noons, Dec 12, 2007
  7. Annika1980

    Sosumi Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
    > I feel the sun is only shining on me.
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
    >

    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    Is he trying to tell you what he thinks of the 40D ? LOL!

    --
    Sosumi

    Sosumi, Dec 12, 2007
  8. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Dec 12, 5:18 am, Noons <> wrote:
    > On Dec 12, 12:14 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >
    > > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > > until today.
    > > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

    > > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    > absolutely. Just getting Sacred Kingfishers to stay
    > put with their heads is pot luck:http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto...iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/John/_DSC0263.JPG
    >
    > unsharpened, uncropped. I might do something with these,
    > when I get some free time. AF70-210/4.5-5.6, handheld.
    >
    > but my target is the azure kingfisher: only seen one and
    > it didn't even give me time to blink, let alone have a shot...

    Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
    right time is a must to
    get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.

    Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

    Draco

    Draco, Dec 12, 2007
  9. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Dec 11, 8:14 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
    > I feel the sun is only shining on me.http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
    >
    > For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
    > until today.
    > The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567
    >
    > Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

    Wonderful IR shot. But contrast seems a bit flat or is my moniter off
    again? I can feel the warmth of the ray of sun light beaming down.
    Very well done.

    ROFLMAO Great shot! I would like to print it out and put it on my
    bosses desk when I quit.hehe To bad there were so many twigs in the
    way of the rest of the bird.

    Keep at it.

    Draco

    Draco, Dec 12, 2007
  10. Annika1980

    Noons Guest

    On Dec 13, 12:59 am, Draco <> wrote:

    > Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
    > right time is a must to
    > get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.
    >
    > Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

    I WANT THE AZURE KINGFISHER, DAMMIT!
    :)

    Noons, Dec 13, 2007