    "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart,
    or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart.
    I recommend pleasant."

    Dyuob Poltice, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Dyuob Poltice

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Dyuob Poltice" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Well, I finally got Beach Party, Muscle Beach Party and Ski
    > Party. Worth every penny.
    > Run out and buy them today!!!!!

    The American International quickie Beach Party movies all have throwaway
    songs, forgettable dialogue, poor dubbing, lousy twist music, asinine
    situations, ridiculous plot and plenty of semi-nude gyrating bodies.

    However, _Ski Party_ is absolutely the worst movie in the Beach
    collection as well as being one of the worst movies ever made. Frankie
    Avalon and Dwayne Hickman in drag. It's kind of like Ernest meets _Some
    Like It Hot_.

    _Ski Party_ is so bad that MGM threw it in with _Muscle Beach Party_.

    Scot Gardner, Sep 5, 2003

  3. On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:48:19 -0700, "Scot Gardner" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dyuob Poltice" <> wrote in message
    >> Well, I finally got Beach Party, Muscle Beach Party and Ski
    >> Party. Worth every penny.
    >> Run out and buy them today!!!!!

    >The American International quickie Beach Party movies all have throwaway
    >songs, forgettable dialogue, poor dubbing, lousy twist music, asinine
    >situations, ridiculous plot and plenty of semi-nude gyrating bodies.
    >
    >However, _Ski Party_ is absolutely the worst movie in the Beach
    >collection as well as being one of the worst movies ever made. Frankie
    >Avalon and Dwayne Hickman in drag. It's kind of like Ernest meets _Some
    >Like It Hot_.
    >
    >_Ski Party_ is so bad that MGM threw it in with _Muscle Beach Party_.

    And that is why I like them.
    Sometimes, it's just fun to watch a film without trying to find all the
    levels of meaning, esp. if there aren't any.
    Plus, it does remind me of growing up in the '60s.

    http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/dyuob/

    Dyuob Poltice, Sep 5, 2003