Beach in winter

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Aug 28, 2011.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Aug 28, 2011

  2. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > In Lima is still cold and the days are not very clear, but I took the
    > opportunity to take this picture near the beach:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6087287436/
    >
    > And also this short video recorded at this time:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6086797101/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    Wow, what a gray day. Nice composition. Shows area well. It's a shame the
    sun didn't come out a little to add more contrast, though.
    Tim Conway, Aug 31, 2011

  3. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    noticias:j3k6di$nmd$...

    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> In Lima is still cold and the days are not very clear, but I took the
    >> opportunity to take this picture near the beach:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6087287436/
    >>
    >> And also this short video recorded at this time:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6086797101/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.
    >>

    > Wow, what a gray day. Nice composition. Shows area well. It's a shame
    > the sun didn't come out a little to add more contrast, though.

    Thanks for your comment, I took this photo recently in the last holiday:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6098280758/

    A very popular celebration.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Sep 6, 2011
  4. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 23:54:30 -0500, Allen <>
    wrote:

    >On 9/5/2011 10:41 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> "Tim Conway" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:j3k6di$nmd$...
    >>
    >> "mmyvusenet"<> wrote in message

    >>> Wow, what a gray day. Nice composition. Shows area well. It's a shame
    >>> the sun didn't come out a little to add more contrast, though.

    >> Thanks for your comment, I took this photo recently in the last holiday:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6098280758/
    >>
    >> A very popular celebration.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYV
    >> http://www.mmyv.com
    >>

    >I'm glad you haven't let the idiots in this group discourage you. Thanks
    >to some of your pictures, I've found that there are beautiful places in
    >Peru. Lots of color, lots of people having lots of fun.
    >Allen

    It's nice of you to say that, but it really isn't a good photo. It is
    crisp and colorful, but what is it a photo of?

    My guess is that it is a photograph of a statue of, or a person
    dressed as, St Rose of Lima. It's a good guess because the photo was
    taken on her feast day - August 30th - so "Pasaje Santa Rosa" must
    mean the passing of St Rose or something like that. Passage of St
    Rose?

    But can we tell this from the photo? We can't tell what the figure
    represents, if it is male or female, if it is a statue or a live
    person, or even that there is any religious significance to the crowd
    and the figure.

    The building is a good, colorful backdrop, but the subject is the
    figure and the crowd. It should have been shot from a position where
    the figure is discernable for what it is.

    These wide-angle shots that don't have a central sense of subject
    seems to be a specialty of MMYV. He has yet to learn what makes an
    interesting composition.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Sep 6, 2011
  5. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    noticias:...

    wrote:

    >>On 9/5/2011 10:41 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> "Tim Conway" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>> noticias:j3k6di$nmd$...
    >>>
    >>> "mmyvusenet"<> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for your comment, I took this photo recently in the last holiday:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6098280758/
    >>>
    >>> A very popular celebration.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> MMYV
    >>> http://www.mmyv.com
    >>>

    >> I'm glad you haven't let the idiots in this group discourage you. Thanks
    >> to some of your pictures, I've found that there are beautiful places in
    >> Peru. Lots of color, lots of people having lots of fun.
    >> Allen

    > It's nice of you to say that, but it really isn't a good photo. It is
    > crisp and colorful, but what is it a photo of?
    >
    > My guess is that it is a photograph of a statue of, or a person
    > dressed as, St Rose of Lima. It's a good guess because the photo was
    > taken on her feast day - August 30th - so "Pasaje Santa Rosa" must
    > mean the passing of St Rose or something like that. Passage of St
    > Rose?
    >
    > But can we tell this from the photo? We can't tell what the figure
    > represents, if it is male or female, if it is a statue or a live
    > person, or even that there is any religious significance to the crowd
    > and the figure.
    >
    > The building is a good, colorful backdrop, but the subject is the
    > figure and the crowd. It should have been shot from a position where
    > the figure is discernable for what it is.
    >
    > These wide-angle shots that don't have a central sense of subject
    > seems to be a specialty of MMYV. He has yet to learn what makes an
    > interesting composition.

    Hello Tony, the last weekend there was another celebration, and I took this
    photo:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6114552615/

    There I was trying to emphasize the composition.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    mmyvusenet, Sep 6, 2011
  6. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Allen" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...

    On 9/5/2011 10:41 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> "Tim Conway" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:j3k6di$nmd$...
    >>
    >> "mmyvusenet"<> wrote in message

    >>> Wow, what a gray day. Nice composition. Shows area well. It's a shame
    >>> the sun didn't come out a little to add more contrast, though.

    >> Thanks for your comment, I took this photo recently in the last holiday:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6098280758/
    >>
    >> A very popular celebration.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYV
    >> http://www.mmyv.com
    >>

    > I'm glad you haven't let the idiots in this group discourage you. Thanks
    > to some of your pictures, I've found that there are beautiful places in
    > Peru. Lots of color, lots of people having lots of fun.
    > Allen

    Hello Allen, thanks, soon I will also try to take a picture about this other
    interesting place:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6114335187/

    All these are places rich in history and always nice to practice
    photography.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com