    Thunderbird? There's an "Add to To:" button, and an "Add to CC:"
    button, but I don't see a way to move someone from my address book
    directly into a bcc slot.

    Shelly, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Shelly

    Moz Champion Guest

    Shelly wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there's a way to add addresses directly as BCC's in
    > Thunderbird? There's an "Add to To:" button, and an "Add to CC:"
    > button, but I don't see a way to move someone from my address book
    > directly into a bcc slot.

    When you are composing a message in the TO field, see the little
    downward pointing symbol? Thats the cue thats there is a sub menu
    there, hold your mouse over it and you will see the sub menu that offers
    you TO, CC, or BCC

    If you set to one or the other, all additions made aftersuch are in the
    same mode.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Shelly

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 22/09/2004 06:59, Moz Champion said the following:

    > Shelly wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know if there's a way to add addresses directly as BCC's
    >> in Thunderbird? There's an "Add to To:" button, and an "Add to CC:"
    >> button, but I don't see a way to move someone from my address book
    >> directly into a bcc slot.

    > When you are composing a message in the TO field, see the little
    > downward pointing symbol? Thats the cue thats there is a sub menu
    > there, hold your mouse over it and you will see the sub menu that offers
    > you TO, CC, or BCC
    >
    > If you set to one or the other, all additions made aftersuch are in the
    > same mode.

    If you are adding multiples, right click on your selected list and you
    will find BCC.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On this day, 22/09/2004 06:59, Moz Champion said the following:
    >
    >> Shelly wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know if there's a way to add addresses directly as BCC's
    >>> in Thunderbird? There's an "Add to To:" button, and an "Add to CC:"
    >>> button, but I don't see a way to move someone from my address book
    >>> directly into a bcc slot.

    >> When you are composing a message in the TO field, see the little
    >> downward pointing symbol? Thats the cue thats there is a sub menu
    >> there, hold your mouse over it and you will see the sub menu that
    >> offers you TO, CC, or BCC
    >>
    >> If you set to one or the other, all additions made aftersuch are in
    >> the same mode.
    >>

    > If you are adding multiples, right click on your selected list and you
    > will find BCC.

    Thanks--I discovered the right-click trick myself this morning and it
    works just fine!

    Shelly, Sep 22, 2004
  5. Shelly

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    In news:cirnst$8mj$,
    Pun Krocker <> informed us:
    | On this day, 22/09/2004 06:59, Moz Champion said the following:
    |
    || Shelly wrote:
    ||| Does anyone know if there's a way to add addresses directly as BCC's
    ||| in Thunderbird? There's an "Add to To:" button, and an "Add to CC:"
    ||| button, but I don't see a way to move someone from my address book
    ||| directly into a bcc slot.
    || When you are composing a message in the TO field, see the little
    || downward pointing symbol? Thats the cue thats there is a sub menu
    || there, hold your mouse over it and you will see the sub menu that
    || offers you TO, CC, or BCC
    || If you set to one or the other, all additions made aftersuch are in
    || the same mode.
    |
    | If you are adding multiples, right click on your selected list and you
    | will find BCC.

    Maybe you could explain this some more.

    I think the OP is asking if the address book is like OE. In the Send To
    fields, you can click on the BCC button and it will open up the OE
    Address Book; any entries you click on will be placed in the BCC field.

    I just installed TB .8, and opened up the Address Book and can't find
    any way to do this, either. I tried selecting several names and
    right-clicking, but I only see Write, and nothing about BCC. I also
    tried it from the Address Sidebar with the same results. I tried
    selecting all addresses in the message, but it only selects the
    particular line that you're on.

    Tom Accuosti, Sep 22, 2004
  6. Shelly

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 22/09/2004 16:30, Tom Accuosti said the following:

    > In news:cirnst$8mj$,
    > Pun Krocker <> informed us:

    > || When you are composing a message in the TO field, see the little
    > || downward pointing symbol? Thats the cue thats there is a sub menu
    > || there, hold your mouse over it and you will see the sub menu that
    > || offers you TO, CC, or BCC
    > || If you set to one or the other, all additions made aftersuch are in
    > || the same mode.
    > |
    > | If you are adding multiples, right click on your selected list and you
    > | will find BCC.
    >
    > Maybe you could explain this some more.
    >
    > I think the OP is asking if the address book is like OE. In the Send To
    > fields, you can click on the BCC button and it will open up the OE
    > Address Book; any entries you click on will be placed in the BCC field.
    >
    > I just installed TB .8, and opened up the Address Book and can't find
    > any way to do this, either. I tried selecting several names and
    > right-clicking, but I only see Write, and nothing about BCC. I also
    > tried it from the Address Sidebar with the same results. I tried
    > selecting all addresses in the message, but it only selects the
    > particular line that you're on.

    I meant from the Contacts Sidebar, not from the adress book which I do
    not think is possible? I personaly just use the Contact sidebar open.

    Pun Krocker, Sep 22, 2004
  7. Shelly

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    Pun Krocker wrote:
    > On this day, 22/09/2004 16:30, Tom Accuosti said the following:
    >
    >> In news:cirnst$8mj$,
    >> Pun Krocker <> informed us:

    >> | If you are adding multiples, right click on your selected list and you
    >> | will find BCC.
    >>
    >> Maybe you could explain this some more.
    >>
    >> I think the OP is asking if the address book is like OE. In the Send To
    >> fields, you can click on the BCC button and it will open up the OE
    >> Address Book; any entries you click on will be placed in the BCC field.
    >>
    >> I just installed TB .8, and opened up the Address Book and can't find
    >> any way to do this, either. I tried selecting several names and
    >> right-clicking, but I only see Write, and nothing about BCC. I also
    >> tried it from the Address Sidebar with the same results. I tried
    >> selecting all addresses in the message, but it only selects the
    >> particular line that you're on.

    > I meant from the Contacts Sidebar, not from the adress book which I do
    > not think is possible? I personaly just use the Contact sidebar open.

    Okay, my sidebar is open and I selected 2 names and I still don't see
    any BCC option. Is it just me? Did I not install an option?

    Tom Accuosti, Sep 22, 2004
  8. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    Tom Accuosti wrote:
    > Pun Krocker wrote:
    >
    >> On this day, 22/09/2004 16:30, Tom Accuosti said the following:
    >>
    >>> In news:cirnst$8mj$,
    >>> Pun Krocker <> informed us:

    >>> Maybe you could explain this some more.
    >>>
    >>> I think the OP is asking if the address book is like OE. In the Send To
    >>> fields, you can click on the BCC button and it will open up the OE
    >>> Address Book; any entries you click on will be placed in the BCC field.
    >>>
    >>> I just installed TB .8, and opened up the Address Book and can't find
    >>> any way to do this, either. I tried selecting several names and
    >>> right-clicking, but I only see Write, and nothing about BCC. I also
    >>> tried it from the Address Sidebar with the same results. I tried
    >>> selecting all addresses in the message, but it only selects the
    >>> particular line that you're on.

    >> I meant from the Contacts Sidebar, not from the adress book which I do
    >> not think is possible? I personaly just use the Contact sidebar open.
    >>

    > Okay, my sidebar is open and I selected 2 names and I still don't see
    > any BCC option. Is it just me? Did I not install an option?

    If you right-click on a name in your contacts sidebar, one of the
    options is bcc. Works just fine.

    Shelly, Sep 22, 2004
  9. Shelly

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    Shelly wrote:
    > Tom Accuosti wrote:

    <>

    >>> I meant from the Contacts Sidebar, not from the adress book which I
    >>> do not think is possible? I personaly just use the Contact sidebar open.
    >>>

    >> Okay, my sidebar is open and I selected 2 names and I still don't see
    >> any BCC option. Is it just me? Did I not install an option?

    > If you right-click on a name in your contacts sidebar, one of the
    > options is bcc. Works just fine.

    Okay, I've got TB .8. I open the sidebar, highlight a few names, right
    click on them, and the context menu gives me Properties, Write, New
    Card, Delete.

    Same thing on the full address book gives me Properties, Write, IM,
    Delete.

    The Write option will open a new email message with the names in
    seperate email boxes. Naturally I can change them all (one at a time)
    to BCC...

    Does it matter how the address book is set up? I'm sharing it with OE.

    Tom Accuosti, Sep 22, 2004
  10. Shelly

    Shelly Guest

    I imported my address book from OE, so I assume it's separate. When I
    hit the "Write" icon and open up a window for a new message, I've got my
    contacts sidebar open on the left side. When I right-click on a name, I
    get a box with the options: Delete, Properties, Add to To Field, Add to
    CC Field, Add to BCC Field. I'm also using Thunderbird .8, btw.

    Shelly, Sep 22, 2004
  11. Shelly

    Tom Accuosti Guest

    Shelly wrote:

    > I imported my address book from OE, so I assume it's separate. When I
    > hit the "Write" icon and open up a window for a new message, I've got my
    > contacts sidebar open on the left side. When I right-click on a name, I
    > get a box with the options: Delete, Properties, Add to To Field, Add to
    > CC Field, Add to BCC Field. I'm also using Thunderbird .8, btw.

    <slaps head>

    Doh!

    I didn't realize that the mail message itself (i.e., the compose window)
    *also* had the option to see the mail sidebar. Okay, cool. I wissh all
    my problems could be resolved so easily <g>

    Thanks again.

    Tom Accuosti, Sep 22, 2004
  12. Shelly

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 22/09/2004 17:19, Tom Accuosti said the following:
    > Pun Krocker wrote:

    >> I meant from the Contacts Sidebar, not from the adress book which I do
    >> not think is possible? I personaly just use the Contact sidebar open.
    >>

    > Okay, my sidebar is open and I selected 2 names and I still don't see
    > any BCC option. Is it just me? Did I not install an option?

    I just found this one today, it may interest this thread.
    http://jpeters.no-ip.com/extensions/?page=tb_cs_downloads

    Contacts Sidebar.

    Pun Krocker, Oct 2, 2004