    Can anyone suggest why it won't boot?
    It is running WIN98 but I seriously doubt if that has anything to
    do with it, it doesn't get remotely near a boot.
    Damon Nomad, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Damon Nomad

    Hmmm Guest

    Damon Nomad wrote:
    > I have a machine sitting here, it has a BC133KT-100. It won't
    > boot up, I turn it on, there is one long beep, a pause then
    > another long beep followed by two short beeps. Nothing happens
    > after that, no screen display, the monitor stays in standby mode,
    > I've tried other monitors but no difference occurs.
    > It has 512Mb of memory, a Seagate 30Gb H/D, a Duron 800 and a
    > WinFast GeForce 2MX AGP card in it.
    > Can anyone suggest why it won't boot?
    > It is running WIN98 but I seriously doubt if that has anything to
    > do with it, it doesn't get remotely near a boot.

    Depends on the BIOS as to what the beep codes mean, check your
    motherboard manua

    Usually, its a memory problem, graphics card problem, cpu problem, or
    mboard problem.

    take your pick, check that your graphics card and memory are firmly in.

    If its award bios then good chance its yer video card :)
    1 Long, 2 Short Video adapter failure Bad video adapter
    Hmmm, Oct 14, 2004