    but I don't want to do this because it is a stock computer with all original
    parts. I even feel funny about installing a modem, but I will let this go.

    What can I say? I'm just a guy who loves vintage computing!
    Ernie Werbel, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Ernie Werbel

    Plato Guest

    Ernie Werbel wrote:

    > Hi all. Does anyone know of any good freeware BBS software that will run on
    > DOS 4.01? I got my hands on a couple of 8-bit 33.6k modems that I can used
    > in an IBM 5160. I think this would be perfect, and people could use
    > Terminal that comes with Win 3.x or higher to dial in.

    Not worth the trouble.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 30, 2006

  3. Ernie Werbel

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    >Not worth the trouble.

    YOU may not think so, but BBS is coming back! Just wait, you'll see!
    You'll be sorry you did not join the BBS revolution!
    Ernie Werbel, Jul 30, 2006
  4. On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:30:55 GMT, in alt.computer "Ernie Werbel"
    <no_spam_please@fake_email_address.xyz> wrote:

    |>Not worth the trouble.
    |

    |YOU may not think so, but BBS is coming back! Just wait, you'll see!
    |You'll be sorry you did not join the BBS revolution!

    No fucking way. 'sides bbs now means backhanded bitch slap.
    Teh White Recluse, Jul 30, 2006