    I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    ? www.bbc.co.uk ?
    Nho Whei, May 20, 2006

  2. Nho Whei

    shannon Guest

    Nho Whei wrote:
    > I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    > I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    > ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

    same on paradise
    It was working a couple of hours ago though
    shannon, May 20, 2006

  3. Nho Whei

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:23:48 +1200, shannon <> wrote:

    >Nho Whei wrote:
    >> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    >> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    >> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

    >same on paradise
    >It was working a couple of hours ago though

    Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
    Fasterfox preferences.
    Nho Whei, May 20, 2006
  4. Nho Whei

    Philip Guest

    Nho Whei wrote:
    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:23:48 +1200, shannon <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nho Whei wrote:
    >>> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    >>> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    >>> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

    >> same on paradise
    >> It was working a couple of hours ago though

    > Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
    > Fasterfox preferences.

    Working well at Orcon.

    Philip
    Philip, May 20, 2006
  5. Nho Whei

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:16:09 +1200, Philip <>
    wrote:

    >Nho Whei wrote:

    >>> same on paradise
    >>> It was working a couple of hours ago though

    >> Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
    >> Fasterfox preferences.

    >Working well at Orcon.
    >
    >Philip

    and now OK here. Hmmmm.
    Wonder whether it was a worldwide outage.
    Nho Whei, May 20, 2006
  6. Nho Whei

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 18:07:49 +1200, Nho Whei <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 20 May 2006 17:16:09 +1200, Philip <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Nho Whei wrote:

    >>> Phew. Thought it was something I'd done, frigging around with
    >>> Fasterfox preferences.

    >>Working well at Orcon.
    >>
    >>Philip

    >and now OK here. Hmmmm.
    >Wonder whether it was a worldwide outage.

    In fact - I'm still having probs. Seems a bit haphazzard still.
    Wundrin' now whether the site is under a dos attack or somesuch..
    Nho Whei, May 20, 2006
  7. On Sat, 20 May 2006 15:55:16 +1200, Nho Whei wrote:

    > I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    > I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    > ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

    Seems Access is intermittent. When browsing the site, Sometimes I can get
    a page to load up almost immediately while other times, my browser either
    sits on "waiting for bbc.co.uk" or fails to connect at all.
    TyphoonTycoon, May 20, 2006
  8. Nho Whei

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 19:36:11 +1200, TyphoonTycoon
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 20 May 2006 15:55:16 +1200, Nho Whei wrote:
    >
    >> I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    >> I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    >> ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

    >Seems Access is intermittent. When browsing the site, Sometimes I can get
    >a page to load up almost immediately while other times, my browser either
    >sits on "waiting for bbc.co.uk" or fails to connect at all.

    No mention of it though on any of the uk.media.bbc newsgroups.
    Still a bit unsure whether its just local to nz.
    Nho Whei, May 20, 2006
  9. In article <>,
    says...
    > I've been unable to reach the BBC for awhile.
    > I'm on xtra broadband and it's 1555hrs.
    > ? www.bbc.co.uk ?

    I use http://news.bbc.co.uk
    usually very good, sometimes gets a bit patchy, presumably when they do
    maintenance. No probs noted at all today by me.

    cheers, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, May 20, 2006