    It can give you the exact mathematical design,
    but what's missing is the eyebrows."
    - Frank Zappa
    We Are Devo!, Aug 5, 2006

  2. We Are Devo!

    TheCroW Guest

    > Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with
    > it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
    >
    > Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > --

    Same here with WinXP Home Dutch version and FF 1.5.0.6.

    Firefox has generated an error and has to close.

    --
    Menno
    =====================
    TheCroW, Aug 5, 2006

  3. We Are Devo!

    We Are Devo! Guest

    On 05/08/2006 at 11:04:11 TheCroW wrote :

    > Same here with WinXP Home Dutch version and FF 1.5.0.6.

    > Firefox has generated an error and has to close.

    Thanks for the report.

    --
    "The computer can't tell you the emotional story.
    We Are Devo!, Aug 5, 2006
  4. We Are Devo!

    Ronald Hands Guest

    Ronald Hands, Aug 5, 2006
  5. Ronald Hands > wrote:

    > We Are Devo! wrote:
    >
    >> Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem
    >> with it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
    >>
    >> Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.

    > No problem here. FF 1.5.0.6 and Win XP Home.
    >
    > -- Ron

    which version of Flashlayer plugin do have installed?

    I could open the site with no Flashplayer installed , then after
    installing Flashplayer 9 the site crashes Seamonkey 1.0.4 and Mozilla

    Peter.
    -=-=-
    .... HUMOROUS TAGLINE FOUND--INITIATING THEFT SEQUENCE
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 5, 2006
  6. We Are Devo!

    Ronald Hands Guest

    Peter Boerhof wrote:

    > which version of Flashlayer plugin do have installed?

    Not sure. But it's probably old, since it's dated in 2005. I tried
    downloading the latest version, using the GetFlash utility under MOzilla
    FF plugins, but kept getting an error.

    I think something is telling me to leave well enough alone.

    -- Ron
    Ronald Hands, Aug 5, 2006
  7. Ronald Hands > wrote:

    > Peter Boerhof wrote:
    >

    >> which version of Flashlayer plugin do have installed?
    >>

    > Not sure. But it's probably old, since it's dated in 2005. I tried
    > downloading the latest version, using the GetFlash utility under
    > MOzilla FF plugins, but kept getting an error.
    >
    > I think something is telling me to leave well enough alone.
    >
    > -- Ron

    I figured it out now it's the Flashplayer that's crashing my Mozilla . I
    deinstalled Flash 9 and installed Flash 7 and it's working! I still had
    a copy of the old Flashplayer on my harddisk but you can download here :
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    Peter.
    -=-=-
    ... "Bienvenue de Québec!" <== Tagline from Hull
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 6, 2006
  8. We Are Devo!

    We Are Devo! Guest

    On 06/08/2006 at 11:10:28 Peter Boerhof wrote :
    > I figured it out now it's the Flashplayer that's crashing my Mozilla . I
    > deinstalled Flash 9 and installed Flash 7 and it's working! I still had a
    > copy of the old Flashplayer on my harddisk but you can download here :
    > http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    > Peter.

    Thanks for the help Peter :)

    We Are Devo!, Aug 6, 2006
  9. We Are Devo! wrote:

    > On 06/08/2006 at 11:10:28 Peter Boerhof wrote :
    >
    >> I figured it out now it's the Flashplayer that's crashing my Mozilla
    >> . I deinstalled Flash 9 and installed Flash 7 and it's working! I
    >> still had a copy of the old Flashplayer on my harddisk but you can
    >> download here :
    >> http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    >> Peter.

    > Thanks for the help Peter :)

    It's also working for me with Flashplayer 8.0.24 . So it seems Flash 9
    is the only problem.

    Peter.
    -=-=-
    .... ... Tagline. ... >>>>>>>Tagline
    Supreme<<<<<<<<
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 6, 2006
  10. We Are Devo!

    Charani Guest

    On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:31:41 +0100, We Are Devo! wrote:

    > Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with
    > it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
    >
    > Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.

    Got the page not problem.

    Using 1.7.12 with Windows ME.
    Charani, Aug 6, 2006
  11. Charani wrote:

    >On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:31:41 +0100, We Are Devo! wrote:
    >

    >>Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with
    >>it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
    >>
    >>Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
    >>

    >Got the page not problem.
    >
    >Using 1.7.12 with Windows ME.

    Which Flashplayer version do you use ?

    Peter.
    -=-=-
    .... Taglines make great conversation pieces.
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 6, 2006
  12. We Are Devo!

    gwtc Guest

    We Are Devo! wrote:
    > Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with
    > it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
    >
    > Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Cheers

    no problems with SeaMonkey 1.0.4 and FF 1.5.0.6 and Flash 9 using win98.

    Empty your cache and cookies, and try again.

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins
    with a single click.
    gwtc, Aug 6, 2006
  13. We Are Devo!

    We Are Devo! Guest

    On 06/08/2006 at 18:01:26 gwtc wrote :
    > We Are Devo! wrote:
    >> Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem with it?
    >>
    >> Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > no problems with SeaMonkey 1.0.4 and FF 1.5.0.6 and Flash 9 using win98.

    > Empty your cache and cookies, and try again.

    There you go, I never thought that would do it, thanks it loads fine
    now :)

    We Are Devo!, Aug 6, 2006
  14. gwtc wrote:

    > We Are Devo! wrote:
    >
    >> Getting a Windows error with this page, anyone else have a problem
    >> with it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5243862.stm
    >>
    >> Using 1.5.0.6 under Windows XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    > no problems with SeaMonkey 1.0.4 and FF 1.5.0.6 and Flash 9 using win98.
    >
    > Empty your cache and cookies, and try again.

    Still crashing Mozilla and Seamonkey on Win Xp , couldn't be the answer
    because the first time i went to the site it crashed my Mozilla and
    Seamonkey so there wasn't a cookie set or something in cache.

    Peter.
    -=-=-
    .... Objects in taglines are closer than they appear.
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 6, 2006
  15. We Are Devo!

    We Are Devo! Guest

    On 06/08/2006 at 18:24:24 Peter Boerhof wrote :
    > Still crashing Mozilla and Seamonkey on Win Xp , couldn't be the answer
    > because the first time i went to the site it crashed my Mozilla and Seamonkey
    > so there wasn't a cookie set or something in cache.

    When I tried this fix I cleared the cache from FF but only cleared
    unwanted cookies with Cookie monster, I did not clear all with FF, but
    the page loads fine now!

    We Are Devo!, Aug 6, 2006
  16. We Are Devo! wrote:

    > On 06/08/2006 at 18:24:24 Peter Boerhof wrote :
    >
    >> Still crashing Mozilla and Seamonkey on Win Xp , couldn't be the
    >> answer because the first time i went to the site it crashed my
    >> Mozilla and Seamonkey so there wasn't a cookie set or something in
    >> cache.

    > When I tried this fix I cleared the cache from FF but only cleared
    > unwanted cookies with Cookie monster, I did not clear all with FF, but
    > the page loads fine now!

    I figured it out what caused the crashing it was the Amazing Media
    Browser extension that conflicts with Flash9.0 . Now Flash 9.0 is working .

    Peter.--Watch for falling taglines <BONK> I warned you!
    Peter Boerhof, Aug 6, 2006
  17. We Are Devo!

    We Are Devo! Guest

    On 06/08/2006 at 20:02:36 Peter Boerhof wrote :

    > I figured it out what caused the crashing it was the Amazing Media Browser
    > extension that conflicts with Flash9.0 . Now Flash 9.0 is working .

    Thanks for all you help Peter :)

    We Are Devo!, Aug 6, 2006