BBC archives

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Max Quordlepleen, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Max Quordlepleen, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Max Quordlepleen

    slumpy Guest

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003

  3. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:04:39
    +0100, slumpy uttered this:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as Max Quordlepleen continued:
    >
    >> Has this been posted here yet?
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3177479.stm

    >That looks pretty....awesome !

    Probably full of repeats, just like BBC1 & BBC2........

    --
    "Money for old rope"

    William Poaster, Aug 25, 2003
  4. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug 2003
    15:29:59 +0100, slumpy uttered this:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as William Poaster continued:
    >
    >> This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug 2003
    >> 10:04:39 +0100, slumpy uttered this:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Max Quordlepleen
    >>> continued:

    >>> That looks pretty....awesome !

    >> Probably full of repeats, just like BBC1 & BBC2........

    > Yeah, but Pogle's Wood !!!
    > I can see me getting banned from /that/ service pretty bloody quick !

    LOL!

    --
    "Postman Pat's redundant"

    William Poaster, Aug 25, 2003
  5. Max Quordlepleen

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Paul - xxx, Aug 25, 2003
  6. Max Quordlepleen

    BasketCase Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as William Poaster continued:
    >
    > > This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug 2003
    > > 10:04:39 +0100, slumpy uttered this:
    > >
    > >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Max Quordlepleen
    > >> continued:

    > >> That looks pretty....awesome !

    > > Probably full of repeats, just like BBC1 & BBC2........

    > Yeah, but Pogle's Wood !!!
    > I can see me getting banned from /that/ service pretty bloody quick !

    Hehehe I used to watch Pogle's Wood as a kid. Wasn't that the one that
    used real animals with a voice over ? Or was that Tales From The Riverbank
    ?

    ---

    BasketCase, Aug 25, 2003
  7. Max Quordlepleen

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Raine tried to scribble ...

    > Know what BBC REALLY stands for?
    > Beat, Buggered and Confused!

    No it doesn't .. I quite like the BBC .. ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Seti 1916 wu in 14611 hours

    Paul - xxx, Aug 25, 2003
  8. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug 2003
    16:09:59 +0100, Raine uttered this:

    > Know what BBC REALLY stands for?
    > Beat, Buggered and Confused!
    > Raine.

    Sounds about right!

    William Poaster, Aug 25, 2003
  9. Max Quordlepleen

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as BasketCase continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as William Poaster
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 25 Aug
    >>> 2003 10:04:39 +0100, slumpy uttered this:

    >>> Probably full of repeats, just like BBC1 & BBC2........

    >> Yeah, but Pogle's Wood !!!
    >> I can see me getting banned from /that/ service pretty bloody quick !

    > Hehehe I used to watch Pogle's Wood as a kid. Wasn't that the one
    > that used real animals with a voice over ? Or was that Tales From
    > The Riverbank ?

    You should Google before you type (I should TM that one ;-) )
    Tales from the Riverbank, featuring Hammy Hamster as the boat-riding Hamster
    (typecasting, disgraceful) had the voiceover, but Pogles Wood was real.
    http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/pogle_family.jpg

    Methinks a tab of acid found it's way onto the tea-trolley ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003
  10. Max Quordlepleen

    nemo Guest

    Paul - xxx <> wrote in message
    > Raine tried to scribble ...
    >
    > > Know what BBC REALLY stands for?
    > > Beat, Buggered and Confused!

    > No it doesn't .. I quite like the BBC .. ;)

    Persecute! Persecute! Kill! Kill the heretic!!!

    (You don't have any juniper bushes, by any chance?)

    nemo, Aug 25, 2003
  11. On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:24:43 GMT, Paul - xxx wrote

    > Raine tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> Know what BBC REALLY stands for?
    >> Beat, Buggered and Confused!

    > No it doesn't .. I quite like the BBC .. ;)

    Yup: beats the hell out of ITV -- a lot of low-level crud -- as well
    as about 90% of the digital channels (sport, followed by crud, a bit
    more sport, salesmen selling crud, sports....and bit more crud).

    At least that's the view from my settee, anyway.....

    --
    Cheers, Harvey

    Harvey Van Sickle, Aug 25, 2003
  12. Max Quordlepleen

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul - xxx continued:

    > Raine tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> Know what BBC REALLY stands for?
    >> Beat, Buggered and Confused!

    > No it doesn't .. I quite like the BBC .. ;)

    Funny but I always take a certain pride in knowing that at least we have the
    BBC....until I have to go there and deal with security guards who are
    ignorant as ****.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003
  13. Max Quordlepleen

    Paul - xxx Guest

    slumpy tried to scribble ...

    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paul - xxx continued:
    >
    >> Raine tried to scribble ...
    >>
    >>> Know what BBC REALLY stands for?
    >>> Beat, Buggered and Confused!

    >> No it doesn't .. I quite like the BBC .. ;)

    > Funny but I always take a certain pride in knowing that at least we
    > have the BBC....until I have to go there and deal with security
    > guards who are ignorant as ****.

    Heheheh, have you been in _and eaten_ from the canteen ? Heheheh ... OK, so
    I like the output from the beeb, but yeah, the hierarchy and some of the
    people there could have invented the word 'jobsworth' ... although they'd
    have needed a committee to come up with the actual word,, ;)

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Seti 1934 wu in 14730 hours

    Paul - xxx, Aug 25, 2003
  14. Max Quordlepleen

    db Guest

    snip
    >but yeah, the hierarchy and some of the
    > people there could have invented the word 'jobsworth' ... although they'd
    > have needed a committee to come up with the actual word,, ;)

    They did! I believe it was Esther Rantzen on "That's Life"

    db

    db, Aug 25, 2003
  15. Max Quordlepleen

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as db continued:

    > snip
    >> but yeah, the hierarchy and some of the
    >> people there could have invented the word 'jobsworth' ... although
    >> they'd have needed a committee to come up with the actual word,, ;)

    > They did! I believe it was Esther Rantzen on "That's Life"
    >
    > db

    I do believe he's got it !!!

    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 25, 2003
  16. Max Quordlepleen

    ilmc Guest

    ilmc, Aug 25, 2003
  17. "ilmc" <i.collings@dont_spam_here_ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Max Quordlepleen typed:
    > > Has this been posted here yet?
    > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3177479.stm

    > Er, "Dyke to open up..."?

    Glad I wasn't the only one to read it that way! :D

    > Isn't PC something about computers?

    Poly-Carbonate ;-)

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 25, 2003
  18. Gertrude Smegma, R.N., Aug 26, 2003
  19. Max Quordlepleen

    BasketCase Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as BasketCase continued:
    >
    > > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as William Poaster
    > >> continued:

    > >> Yeah, but Pogle's Wood !!!
    > >> I can see me getting banned from /that/ service pretty bloody quick !

    > > Hehehe I used to watch Pogle's Wood as a kid. Wasn't that the one
    > > that used real animals with a voice over ? Or was that Tales From
    > > The Riverbank ?

    > You should Google before you type (I should TM that one ;-) )
    > Tales from the Riverbank, featuring Hammy Hamster as the boat-riding

    Hamster
    > (typecasting, disgraceful) had the voiceover, but Pogles Wood was real.
    > http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/pogle_family.jpg

    That pic stirred up distant memories in me mind. Think I'll do a search for
    some of me old favs like The Woodentops or Andy Pandy.

    > Methinks a tab of acid found it's way onto the tea-trolley ;-)

    Nothing like a bit of nostalgia to reactivate all the damaged brain cells
    owing to too much 'tea' as a youth. ;)

    "It's an injustice it is." Calimero.

    ---

    BasketCase, Aug 26, 2003
  20. Max Quordlepleen

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as BasketCase continued:

    >> You should Google before you type (I should TM that one ;-) )
    >> Tales from the Riverbank, featuring Hammy Hamster as the boat-riding
    >> Hamster (typecasting, disgraceful) had the voiceover, but Pogles
    >> Wood was real. http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/pogle_family.jpg

    > That pic stirred up distant memories in me mind. Think I'll do a
    > search for some of me old favs like The Woodentops or Andy Pandy.

    I managed to gather some colour pics (stolen I'm afraid) which you can view
    at http://uk.geocities.com/slumpy_uk/pogleswood/ but only because they are
    in colour and quite nice...
    /gets nostalgic and reaches for tissues ;-(

    >> Methinks a tab of acid found it's way onto the tea-trolley ;-)

    > Nothing like a bit of nostalgia to reactivate all the damaged brain
    > cells owing to too much 'tea' as a youth. ;)

    <sob> you're so right <sob>
    --
    slumpy
    no more