    by mining and building a boat etc...... cant remember the name of it, ring
    any bells ? :)

    TIA
    XPD, Oct 14, 2007

  2. XPD

    RL Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Anyone remember the old BBC Acorn educational games that many schools had
    > years ago such as Grannys Garden and Dinosaur Discovery ?
    > Anyone know where I can get hold of the ROMs for these games ? Had a look
    > via Google but very little info about these games is available......
    >
    > There was also another game where you were on an island and had to survive
    > by mining and building a boat etc...... cant remember the name of it, ring
    > any bells ? :)

    It has been quite a while since I looked at BBC games. Hopefully there
    is a Master Compact emulator available now, because the games weren't
    quite as good on the Model B emulator I tried.

    Have a look at the BBC Games Archive...

    http://www.beebgames.com/welcome.php

    The name "Granny's Garden" rings a bell. I'm guessing it was an
    adventure game with basic graphics, similar to "Cuthbert Catches A Cold".

    When I was a senior in primary school, being one of the few kids with a
    computer, I spent quite a bit of time with the new entrant students
    supervising their game play... corrupting thier fragile little minds by
    asking "Pod" to do all sorts of things.

    Pod can run, Pod can pop, what else could Pod do?

    RL
    RL, Oct 14, 2007

  3. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "RL" <> wrote in message

    > It has been quite a while since I looked at BBC games. Hopefully there is
    > a Master Compact emulator available now, because the games weren't quite
    > as good on the Model B emulator I tried.
    >
    > Have a look at the BBC Games Archive...
    >
    > http://www.beebgames.com/welcome.php
    >
    > The name "Granny's Garden" rings a bell. I'm guessing it was an adventure
    > game with basic graphics, similar to "Cuthbert Catches A Cold".
    >
    > When I was a senior in primary school, being one of the few kids with a
    > computer, I spent quite a bit of time with the new entrant students
    > supervising their game play... corrupting thier fragile little minds by
    > asking "Pod" to do all sorts of things.
    >
    > Pod can run, Pod can pop, what else could Pod do?
    >
    > RL

    Ah yes GG was another and the follow up, Crystal Kingdom or somehting....
    Appears theyve remade them with fancy (yeah right) graphics....but cant
    download the original ROMs anywhere.
    Actually looks as if the original Dinosaur Discovery is still selling for
    upto 30GBP !! Eeep.........

    Oh well. I know a couple of school teachers, might get them to poke around
    and see if any schools still have the original disks :D
    XPD, Oct 14, 2007
  4. XPD

    Michael Foot Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > Anyone remember the old BBC Acorn educational games that many schools had
    > years ago such as Grannys Garden and Dinosaur Discovery ?
    > Anyone know where I can get hold of the ROMs for these games ? Had a look
    > via Google but very little info about these games is available......

    It's not ROMs you need, rather disc or tapes images.

    Try:

    http://www.stairwaytohell.com/
    http://bbc.nvg.org/index.php3
    http://www.bbcmicro.net/old-8bs/index_.htm

    Cheers,

    Mike.

    --
    Michael Foot <mjfoot(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz> *
    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mjfoot/
    Michael Foot, Oct 15, 2007
  5. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Michael Foot" <.??> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    >> Anyone remember the old BBC Acorn educational games that many schools had
    >> years ago such as Grannys Garden and Dinosaur Discovery ?
    >> Anyone know where I can get hold of the ROMs for these games ? Had a look
    >> via Google but very little info about these games is available......

    > It's not ROMs you need, rather disc or tapes images.
    >
    > Try:
    >
    > http://www.stairwaytohell.com/
    > http://bbc.nvg.org/index.php3
    > http://www.bbcmicro.net/old-8bs/index_.htm

    Cheer for that, 2nd link had Dinosaur Discovery :)
    XPD, Oct 15, 2007
  6. XPD

    Damos Guest

    On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:43:18 +1300, XPD <> wrote:

    Amazing what you can do this imagination on 32k. I've got a copy of Elite
    - new kind which I think was rewritten and ported to pc.
    Got up to "dangerous" before the attracted to the darkside of directx etc.

    Got my old Acorn electron sitting in the garage, not sure if it still
    works though. Hasn't been turned on since 1989.

    Damos

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.
    Damos, Oct 15, 2007
  7. XPD

    Rhino Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:58:26 +1300, Damos <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:43:18 +1300, XPD <> wrote:
    >
    >Amazing what you can do this imagination on 32k. I've got a copy of Elite
    >- new kind which I think was rewritten and ported to pc.
    >Got up to "dangerous" before the attracted to the darkside of directx etc.
    >
    >Got my old Acorn electron sitting in the garage, not sure if it still
    >works though. Hasn't been turned on since 1989.
    >

    >Damos

    I've got copies of both Elite and Elite 2 for pc here. Great games.
    It took meages to be able to enter the space stations without crashing
    when I first played Elite.
    Cheers, Rhino
    Rhino, Oct 16, 2007
  8. XPD

    RL Guest

    Rhino wrote:
    > I've got copies of both Elite and Elite 2 for pc here. Great games.
    > It took meages to be able to enter the space stations without crashing
    > when I first played Elite.
    > Cheers, Rhino

    Somewhere around here I have the original Elite manual for the BBC
    Master Compact version. I wasn't really in to the game myself, but I do
    recall landing was a challenge... once you got too close to the space
    station, you had no point of reference because the entire space station,
    like everything else in the game, was just line drawings.

    Repton 3, Ballistix, and Vortex were probably the games I played the most.

    RL
    RL, Oct 16, 2007
  9. XPD

    Damos Guest

    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:28:04 +1300, RL <> wrote:

    > Rhino wrote:
    >> I've got copies of both Elite and Elite 2 for pc here. Great games.
    >> It took meages to be able to enter the space stations without crashing
    >> when I first played Elite.
    >> Cheers, Rhino

    > Somewhere around here I have the original Elite manual for the BBC
    > Master Compact version. I wasn't really in to the game myself, but I do
    > recall landing was a challenge... once you got too close to the space
    > station, you had no point of reference because the entire space station,
    > like everything else in the game, was just line drawings.
    >
    > Repton 3, Ballistix, and Vortex were probably the games I played the
    > most.

    Repton is available as a "widget" with the opera browser....still useful
    for procrastination.

    D.

    Damos, Oct 17, 2007
  10. XPD

    fwsseo

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    kids educational games,Jumpstart Games,kids educational rhymes

    :ciao: ..
    Saregama Kids offers free kids game,jumpstart Games,kids educational games,kids educational rhymes,educational games,educational rhymes.

    Please visit..
    kids.saregama.com
    fwsseo, Dec 22, 2010