    recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
    in advance.

    Jacob
    Jacob Fruehling, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Jacob Fruehling

    Mark B. Guest

    "Jacob Fruehling" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
    > much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
    > a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
    > of what cameras use this, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
    > price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
    > recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
    > in advance.
    >
    > Jacob

    Sigma SD9/SD10 is the only camera out with a Foveon sensor. That's all you
    need to know.

    Mark
    Mark B., Dec 16, 2003

  3. Jacob Fruehling

    jriegle Guest

    AFAIK, All DSLRs outside the Sigmas, use the Bayer (RGBG) filtered CCD.
    Nikon and a few others used a CYMG filter over the CCD in some compacts, but
    there has always been some color reproduction issues and fringing. Nikon
    seems to be going back to RGBG now. It seems RGBG is the best way to go.
    John

    jriegle, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Jacob Fruehling

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Everything but Sigma.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Jacob Fruehling

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that Jacob Fruehling <> stated that:

    >Hi, I have been muddling through this group and trying to understand as
    >much as I can. I believe I have decided on getting a Bayer rather than
    >a Foveon camera. But I am having a really hard time finding a listing
    >of what cameras use this

    All of them, except for the Sigma.

    >, and prices. I have $1000-$1500 (about the
    >price of the New Foveon Sigma) to spend. Can one very helpful someone
    >recommend a few Bayer type cameras that are in that price range? Thanks
    >in advance.

    My personal recommendation would be for the EOS 10D or 300D. You should
    look at the Nikon[s?] as well.

    Lionel, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Thanks to all. I have decided on the 300d rebel. Woo hoo! I am really
    looking forward to it.

    Jacob

    Jacob Fruehling, Dec 19, 2003