    in New Zealand yet and I was thinking of ordering from overseas. How good is
    the set.

    Cheers

    J Smith, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Just turn the chair, and grow J Smith hair

    > Hi
    >
    > I was wandering what people think of this box set. It has not been
    > released in New Zealand yet and I was thinking of ordering from
    > overseas. How good is the set.
    >
    > Cheers

    our review, here:
    http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=2&c=897

    David Beamish, Nov 13, 2003

  3. J Smith

    Paul C. Guest

    "J Smith" <> wrote in news:3fb31f45
    @slave:

    > Hi
    >
    > I was wandering what people think of this box set. It has not been
    > released in New Zealand yet and I was thinking of ordering from
    > overseas. How good is the set.
    >
    > Cheers

    I'm enjoying it but don't expect excellent picture quality. It's
    fine in places then very VERY grainy in others. If that bothers you
    then I'd advise staying away. As someone who grew up watching the
    show I'm enjoying it very much, the corniness hasn't bothered me as
    much as I thought it would.

    Paul C., Nov 13, 2003
  4. J Smith

    jayembee Guest

    "J Smith" <> wrote:

    > I was wandering what people think of this box set. It has
    > not been released in New Zealand yet and I was thinking
    > of ordering from overseas. How good is the set.

    If you like the series, you really can't ask for much better.
    My biggest complaint about it is the rather bizarre layout.
    That is, in terms of how they arrange how many episodes to
    fit on a disc, and swing back and forth among DVD-18s and
    DVD-14s. I would have preferred they just stuck with four
    episodes per DVD-9, and not worried about making sure that
    the multi-parters were all together on the same disc. Or
    even rearranged some of the single episodes to fill in where
    they could be fit, given that until "War of the Gods", most
    of the episodes aren't really order-dependent.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 13, 2003