    Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of Cylon
    Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    profft, Oct 29, 2003

  2. profft

    Stephen Lee Guest

    In <73Enb.17271$5c2.6187@okepread03> "profft" <> writes:

    >Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    >episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of Cylon
    >Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    Ordered mine from deepdiscountdvd.com for $86.40 free shipping. The
    only downside is I have to wait, perhap another week.

    Stephen Lee, Oct 29, 2003

  3. profft

    Larry G Guest

    "profft" <> wrote in message ...
    > Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    > episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of

    Cylon
    > Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    I finally decided to go buy it, but it's been sold out everywhere I called.
    I'm really shocked, and kinda surprised how popular it still is. I'm glad
    I'm not the only one that enjoyed the show. :-D

    If I can't find it tomorrow, I'll order it online.

    Larry

    Larry G, Oct 29, 2003
  4. profft

    JWB Guest

    "profft" <> wrote in message
    > Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    > episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of

    Cylon
    > Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    Got it at Best Buy for $89.99. A very nice set.

    JWB, Oct 29, 2003
  5. profft

    Kevin Scholl Guest

    JWB wrote:

    > "profft" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    >>episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of

    > Cylon
    >
    >>Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    > Got it at Best Buy for $89.99. A very nice set.

    Got it last week at Best Buy for $79.99 (price matched from Circuit
    City). Advantage to getting it the week of release. :)

    Kevin Scholl

    Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
    the dreams...

    Kevin Scholl, Oct 29, 2003
  6. profft

    JWB Guest

    "Kevin Scholl" <> wrote in message

    > JWB wrote:
    >
    > > "profft" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    > >>episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of

    > > Cylon
    > >
    > >>Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    > > Got it at Best Buy for $89.99. A very nice set.

    > Got it last week at Best Buy for $79.99 (price matched from Circuit
    > City). Advantage to getting it the week of release. :)

    I don't have a circuit city near me, so no price match.

    JWB, Oct 29, 2003
  7. profft

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:00:46 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Lee <>
    wrote:

    >In <73Enb.17271$5c2.6187@okepread03> "profft" <> writes:
    >
    >>Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    >>episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of Cylon
    >>Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    >Ordered mine from deepdiscountdvd.com for $86.40 free shipping. The
    >only downside is I have to wait, perhap another week.

    I received mine yesterday from DDD. They could have lost the %$#^
    Cylon Helmet Box!!!

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wd_coyote@(remove)whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, Oct 29, 2003
  8. profft

    Wade365 Guest

    << I received mine yesterday from DDD. They could have lost the %$#^
    Cylon Helmet Box!!! >>

    When I saw that box in Best Buy the other day, I about lost it laughing (during
    which a blue-shirt came up and asked me if I needed any help, which only made
    me laugh harder until I was asked to leave the store).

    I'm not making any fun of the series or the fans there-of, but man is that one
    fuggly box.

    Wade365, Oct 29, 2003
  9. profft

    Paul C. Guest

    (Wade365) wrote in

    > I'm not making any fun of the series or the fans there-of, but man

    is
    > that one fuggly box.

    As a fan of the show I think it's great. It certainly caught my
    attention especially considering how much other product there is on
    the shelf, it did it's job well.

    Paul C., Oct 29, 2003
  10. profft

    Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:32:10 -0700, Wild Coyote
    <> typed:

    >I received mine yesterday from DDD. They could have lost the %$#^
    >Cylon Helmet Box!!!

    Wanna send 'em to me? It'd go nice next to vintage Starbuck and Cylon
    warrior figures I have.
    --
    space for rent.
    To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net

    Impmon, Oct 29, 2003
  11. profft

    Jimbo700 Guest

    > I received mine yesterday from DDD. They could have lost the %$#^
    > Cylon Helmet Box!!!

    That Cylon helmet box is precisely why I didn't (and won't) buy it.

    Jimbo700, Oct 31, 2003
  12. profft

    Paul C. Guest

    "Jimbo700" <> wrote in news:bnu3ru$tcd$1
    @news.iquest.net:

    > That Cylon helmet box is precisely why I didn't (and won't) buy

    it.

    And it's precisely the reason that many more will buy it. Throw it
    out if you don't want it or put it on E-bay, there's a boring
    ordinary box inside so you don't have to be embarassed. :p

    Paul C., Oct 31, 2003
  13. profft

    Wade365 Guest

    << That Cylon helmet box is precisely why I didn't (and won't) buy
    it.

    And it's precisely the reason that many more will buy it. Throw it
    out if you don't want it or put it on E-bay, there's a boring
    ordinary box inside so you don't have to be embarassed. :p >>

    But what about on the way to the counter to pay... or having to ask for an
    employee to get it for you (rather like buying a porno mag).

    :)

    Wade365, Oct 31, 2003
  14. profft

    Evil Guest

    "Larry G" <> wrote in message news:<bnn9qu$133jn0$-berlin.de>...
    > "profft" <> wrote in message ...
    > > Don't know if this has been discussed or not but saw the entire BSG 22
    > > episode collection for sale at Wal-Mart for $99 something in a sort of

    > Cylon
    > > Helmet box. Just incase anyone was interested in it.

    > I finally decided to go buy it, but it's been sold out everywhere I called.
    > I'm really shocked, and kinda surprised how popular it still is. I'm glad
    > I'm not the only one that enjoyed the show. :-D

    it really shouldn't be surprising that it was so popular. Remember
    that initially, Universal was only going to release the set in
    Australia, but when the australian sites were bombarded with US
    orders, Universal saw the light.

    > If I can't find it tomorrow, I'll order it online.

    i rented it from Netflix this past weekend. I was surprised at how
    much i enjoyed some of the episodes (Living Legend, Lost Warrior) and
    how much i hated some of them (the Boxey stuff). Very nostalgic
    weekend. overall, watching the rented dvds has dissuaded me from
    buying it. Instead, i'll drop the cash on LOONEY TUNES.

    Evil, Nov 3, 2003