    digitially remastered and will shortly be released on DVD. He said
    that all the episodes would be released. Does anyone know when this is
    expected?
    Steve, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Steve

    jayembee Guest

    "Buckaroo" <> wrote:

    > "Steve" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I just heard on TV that the series Battlestar Galactica is
    >> being digitially remastered and will shortly be released on
    >> DVD. He said that all the episodes would be released. Does
    >> anyone know when this is expected?

    > When? None of the fan or commercial websites have a clue.

    And that's because Universal hasn't said a thing about when
    we might expect it.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Steve

    Arg0 Guest

    I actually heard that they will be release din November, not sure if its
    going to be on huge box set or what have you. But I did hear that and its
    supposed to be released at the same time of the "reimagined" version of BSG.
    But I could be wrong, but thats what I heard.

    Arg0-

    Arg0, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Steve

    Scribner Guest

    On 30 Jun 2003 12:06:05 -0700, (jayembee)
    wrote:

    > (jayembee) wrote:

    >>> When? None of the fan or commercial websites have a clue.

    >> And that's because Universal hasn't said a thing about when
    >> we might expect it.

    >Well, they have now. The release date is 14 October:
    >
    >http://homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=34154
    >
    >-- jayembee

    They must be tying it in with the release of the new Battlestar
    Galactica.
    Scribner, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Douglas Bailey, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Steve

    Stan Jensen Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:55:53 GMT, Scribner <>
    wrote:

    >They must be tying it in with the release of the new Battlestar
    >Galactica.

    Yeppers.
    Stan Jensen, Jul 1, 2003
  7. Steve

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <rz3Ma.7187$2.webusenet.com>, mikey
    <> wrote:

    > Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
    > the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
    > of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).
    > Coincidentally, the night that BSG aired Part 1 it was up against the
    > broadcast premier of the remake of KING KONG, which was also split over two
    > Sundays at 2 hours a pop.

    .... and my dad wanted to watch King Kong. I managed to flip the channel
    once and caught Starbuck flying a shuttle among the fleet, but that was
    it. In the days before video and with just one tv, you just had one
    shot. I did pick up the novel, though :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Jul 1, 2003
  8. Steve

    mikey Guest

    Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
    the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
    of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).
    Coincidentally, the night that BSG aired Part 1 it was up against the
    broadcast premier of the remake of KING KONG, which was also split over two
    Sundays at 2 hours a pop. And THIS longer version, with additional scenes,
    is not available on DVD --only the theatrical version (and with no extras).
    Too bad cuz, with 9/11, they ain't likely to rerelease this one. (though I
    have seen it on WE channel recently --still just the theatrical version
    though).

    mikey, Jul 1, 2003
  9. Steve

    jayembee Guest

    "mikey" <> wrote:

    >Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
    >the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
    >of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).

    (1) They'd already released the theatrical version on DVD quite some
    time ago as a standalone release. Since this is being advertised as
    the *series*, there's virtually no doubt that it'll be the TV version
    in this set.

    (2) The TV version premiere wasn't "over the course of two Sundays at
    2 hours a pop", it was in a single 3-hour slot. The net running time
    is a tad under 2.5 hours -- about 25 minutes longer than the
    theatrical version. I taped it (actually, the entire series) on it's
    initial broadcast, and in fact, still have those tapes. The premiere
    is on three tapes (Betamax, at a time when there was only one speed,
    and the top capacity of a tape was one hour).

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Jul 1, 2003
  10. Steve

    Andy Guest

    jayembee <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "mikey" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Nothing to indicate whether they are releasing the "theatrical" version of
    > >the 1st episode or the much longer version that aired on TV (over the course
    > >of two Sundays at 2 hours a pop).

    > (1) They'd already released the theatrical version on DVD quite some
    > time ago as a standalone release. Since this is being advertised as
    > the *series*, there's virtually no doubt that it'll be the TV version
    > in this set.

    Oh, I don't know, Universal screwed up their PAL-format VHS "TV Movie"
    box set a couple years ago! I bought it thinking I'd get the expanded
    movie versions of all the two-parters, since the box set was
    advertised as the "movie" collection. Instead, the pilot was the
    theatrical version, and all the two-parters were released as two-part
    episodes, even "Greetings From Earth"! The only "movies" in this set
    were the ones compiled from the 1-hour segments, which didn't have the
    extended footage like the once assembled from 2-parters. Also, when
    Universal released Greetings from Earth in a single-tape version, it
    was again the 2-parter, not the original movie version. I don't recall
    if the volume 1 VHS was the theatrical cut again or the three-part
    version.

    Unless they've had a consultant on this project, don't trust Universal
    to get it right!

    Let us hope that no only do they get the pilot movie "right", but that
    we also get the original movie-length presentation of "Greetings from
    Earth".
    Andy, Jul 1, 2003