    to be in program file(x86) .My son claims he had the demo working.
    I am using the xp 64bit and also had same the error trying with the
    vista business edition.
    warpsix, Feb 18, 2007

  2. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    warpsix wrote:
    > Has anyone experienced a problem with battlefield 2142 giving an error
    > about a bad cd key(bought dvd at walmart it wasn't opened)EA games had a
    > fix that did not work. The game wants to be in program files but it has
    > to be in program file(x86) .My son claims he had the demo working.
    > I am using the xp 64bit and also had same the error trying with the
    > vista business edition.

    By the way battlefield 2 works great in both windows versions.
    The bad cd key error message for battlefield 2142 happens after the game
    is installed while trying to run the first time.I have tried as running
    as administrator. and have installed the patch(before and after the
    error message)
    warpsix, Feb 18, 2007

  3. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    warpsix wrote:
    > warpsix wrote:
    >> Has anyone experienced a problem with battlefield 2142 giving an error
    >> about a bad cd key(bought dvd at walmart it wasn't opened)EA games had
    >> a fix that did not work. The game wants to be in program files but it
    >> has to be in program file(x86) .My son claims he had the demo working.
    >> I am using the xp 64bit and also had same the error trying with the
    >> vista business edition.

    > By the way battlefield 2 works great in both windows versions.
    > The bad cd key error message for battlefield 2142 happens after the game
    > is installed while trying to run the first time.I have tried as running
    > as administrator. and have installed the patch(before and after the
    > error message)

    never mind problem solved
    my son had a brain fart
    warpsix, Feb 19, 2007
  4. What was your son's brain fart? This is the same problem I am having. I
    can't get past the "insert original CD" message, and yes It is the original
    purchased DVD disc....

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obmw=?=, Mar 28, 2007
  5. warpsix

    warpsix Guest

    Johnl wrote:
    > What was your son's brain fart? This is the same problem I am having. I
    > can't get past the "insert original CD" message, and yes It is the original
    > purchased DVD disc....
    >

    > "warpsix" wrote:
    >
    >> warpsix wrote:
    >>> By the way battlefield 2 works great in both windows versions.
    >>> The bad cd key error message for battlefield 2142 happens after the game
    >>> is installed while trying to run the first time.I have tried as running
    >>> as administrator. and have installed the patch(before and after the
    >>> error message)

    >> never mind problem solved
    >> my son had a brain fart

    Send email to EA Games
    This has nothing to do with a cd or original cd but everything to do
    with password/user name! my son was confused with the battlefield 2 and
    the battlefield 2142 username/password
    warpsix, Mar 28, 2007