  1. I have recently recieved my 64x Windows. I was wondering before I install it,
    has anyone tryed playing Battlefield 2 on 64 bit windows? I noticed that the
    operation system specs said Windows XP (32 bit). Will it still work?
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=, Aug 1, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=

    NNBXX Guest

    No, it doesn't even install. I tried, but no luck.

    NNBXX, Aug 1, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=

    Alex Griffin Guest

    "Bond_007" wrote:

    > I have recently recieved my 64x Windows. I was wondering before I install
    > it,
    > has anyone tryed playing Battlefield 2 on 64 bit windows? I noticed that
    > the
    > operation system specs said Windows XP (32 bit). Will it still work?

    Not tried it myself, but a work colleague has and he said it worked fine.

    --
    Alex Griffin
    Alex Griffin, Aug 1, 2005
  4. What if I do a dual boot with the 64x and the Vista beta. I already traded in
    my licence, so my Windows pro is no good now. So since the Vista beta is 32
    bit, do you think it would work? If so what steps should I follow to make
    this happen? Which should I install first. I will be using seperate drives
    (both in RAID).

    System: AMD Athalon 64 3200+
    NVidia 5950 Ultra
    2 gigs of memory
    C Drive x 2 WD Raptors in RAID 0
    D Drive x 2 WD 200 GB 7200 rpm drives
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=, Aug 1, 2005
  5. I have 64bit windows. Instaled and played both the demo and the full version
    of BF2. They both worked fine with no problems. I had no installation issues
    or problems to work around to get it to install or play.

    =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=, Aug 1, 2005
  6. I got it to install but I had to install it from the hard drive, because
    installing from the CD did not work. You have to create a folder on the hard
    drive called "disk images" then inside that create a folder called "disk1"
    and so on for each disk. Copy the CD's or DVD into the appropriate folder and
    then run the setup. It should work from there. It worked fine after it
    installed. For some odd reason it would not install from the DVD on either
    version of XP pro (32 or 64bit). It does give you a message about not being
    tested on XP 64 but it worked fine. Hope this helps. If you run into any
    problems check EA's support site for Battlefield 2, and check out the listing
    on installing the game manually, I can't remember if I have the correct
    folder names or not, but it will have them there.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFsbA==?=, Aug 1, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=

    warpsix Guest

    Bond_007 wrote:
    > I have recently recieved my 64x Windows. I was wondering before I install it,
    > has anyone tryed playing Battlefield 2 on 64 bit windows? I noticed that the
    > operation system specs said Windows XP (32 bit). Will it still work?

    the demo works great!!
    warpsix, Aug 1, 2005
  8. Yes, it works. During install, it does give a message that it has not been
    tested in 64-bit Windows, but it does complete installation. It runs
    perfectly. I enjoy it nearly every evening!

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Aug 2, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9uZF8wMDc=?=

    Jon Grieve Guest

    Yes, it work well. As others have said, the installer will warn that it
    is untested on the current platform, but it is just a warning.

    You'll need to find the x64 Nvidia driver update equivalent to the
    drivers supplied on the BF2 CD, but they are easy to find.

    Jon

    Jon Grieve, Aug 2, 2005