    This is a new thread containing a partially working fix. Well sort of. You can join games but the graphics are just terrible to the point of being unplayable. I believe this is a work in progress so hopefully things will improve.
    Here is what BF2 looks like on a Geforce4 using the above fix. Not pretty :(
    [​IMG]
    Silverstrand, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I would like to point out something... well two things really.
    People who have resgistered with valve software... does that mean BF2 is not EA Games???????? i am very confused...
    Second... the reasonf or the unsupportedness. Cause people out their want high performing graphical games, some manufactures are limited to the use of video cards, if they use one feature the less video card supported. The less graphical the less people play, is a common reason why u need to get a G Card that works rite :|, but its confusing that some of the higher priced cards don't work...
    Pixel shaders are complex, but there should always be an option to turn them off, i know i don't even use them in my games... light maps are better for pixel lighting.
    my 2000000000000000000000000000000000 bobs of cheese worth :D
    unholy, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i just noticed... were talking like a group of about 100,000 people.... Man thats not rare :|
    unholy, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    ldonyo

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    9
    Location:
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Basically, BF2 is DX9 only. No choice of shader instruction level. That's why GF4 cards won't cut it. My guess would be that the shader instructions they used are too long for any earlier versions and they didn't feel like breaking them into smaller instruction sets just to let people with older cards run the game.
    ldonyo, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    they are lazy bums... man all my games work with every card...!
    unholy, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    They will be releasing drivers soon to support the cards.. they have to otherwise they will lose lots of people. Also they make for nice wall hacks at this point LMAO.
    stlava, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, collision is CPU done :D i HOPE :| other wise they would be forcing the Video Card to do tooooo much...
    unholy, Jun 26, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Over 700,000 can't play BF2. That sucks.
    I was a bit worried about BF2 not working well on my computer. Well guess what, it can. Lucky me, but I would rather upgrade my RAM so it would stop the lag. BF2 only lags a bit on my computer.
    Technoholic, Jun 27, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    no lag here, but i in fact don't like it so much... bit repeative (the demo that is)
    unholy, Jun 28, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    lol, have you got the full yet?
    I did, it came like 4 days after the release. I got it pre-ordered.
    I did OC my video card but I realized that I haven't tried BF2 overclocked video card after updating the drivers.
    BF2 full is truly nice because it tells me that I have to update drivers, I was like what the heck? It's already updated. Then I found out the newer one was released.
    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Ya most newer games do that... its pretty cool that they do..
    stlava, Jun 28, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Name it. BF2 is only the one I see.
    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    mine detects driver version... does that count?????
    unholy, Jun 29, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Yours...which one? lol
    Technoholic, Jun 30, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    my game :D, not anything else silly... (fallen souls)
    unholy, Jun 30, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Well.. any games would detect drivers and when the updates available too, I guess. But I just never seen any. Like I said, BF2 is the only one I see.
    Technoholic, Jun 30, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    HL2 and CSS do it too. It's cool cause they show the driver version you already have.
    stlava, Jun 30, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :D BF rulz!
    unholy, Jul 1, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Yeah my friend's integrated graphics doesn't work but he can run WoW and Hl2 on nearly max settings (some decent dell integrated intel chipset card). I've got a 5900XT OC'd to 440mhz (from 390) and I can't run it on anything above low settings. The graphics aren't even that good.
    ww_crimson, Jul 3, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    its cause of the "" INTEL "" thingy!!!!!
    unholy, Jul 3, 2005