    I received 2 "For Canon BP-511/512" 7.2volt batteries. However, the
    voltage on the battery that came with my digital rebel is 7.4 - does
    anyone know if the 7.2 will cause damage to my rebel?

    NovaFitMom, May 27, 2004

  2. NovaFitMom

    Robertwgross Guest

    wendylee wrote:
    >I received 2 "For Canon BP-511/512" 7.2volt batteries. However, the
    >voltage on the battery that came with my digital rebel is 7.4 - does
    >anyone know if the 7.2 will cause damage to my rebel?

    That is not a problem. When the battery comes hot off the charger, it may well
    be slightly higher than 7.4 volts even. When it is under load, the voltage
    drops down somewhat. All perfectly normal.

    Now, if you had one that said 9 volts, that would be a problem.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, May 27, 2004

  3. NovaFitMom

    NovaFitMom Guest

    (Robertwgross) wrote in message news:<>...
    > wendylee wrote:
    > >I received 2 "For Canon BP-511/512" 7.2volt batteries. However, the
    > >voltage on the battery that came with my digital rebel is 7.4 - does
    > >anyone know if the 7.2 will cause damage to my rebel?

    > That is not a problem. When the battery comes hot off the charger, it may well
    > be slightly higher than 7.4 volts even. When it is under load, the voltage
    > drops down somewhat. All perfectly normal.
    >
    > Now, if you had one that said 9 volts, that would be a problem.
    >
    > ---Bob Gross---

    Thank you!

    NovaFitMom, May 28, 2004