    Thanks!
    Ganesh J. Acharya

    , May 8, 2006

  2. <> a écrit dans le message de
    news:...
    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > I've a 6cell Lithium Ion battery on my Compaq M2002AL laptop. I keep
    > that connected to my computer during my work even when the AC adaptor
    > is ON. I never take that out. Initially my battery used to say it has
    > 1hr 40min of back up time left at my Microsoft windows xp operating
    > system. Now after a year of prolonged use it has about 48 min of time
    > left when fully charged.
    >
    > But today I wanted to test out things for sure. I used my laptop even
    > when the Microsoft XP said there's only 0% of charge left in my
    > battery. Even after 20min my laptop continued to work very much
    > fine...................!!!
    >
    > What's the normal gap that's set in the XP opertating system... from
    > the actual cut-off time. I don't mind the battery getting destroyed in
    > actual. Does the XP operating system give the actual details about the
    > charge left????
    >
    > If someone has already studied this please let me know..........
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Ganesh J. Acharya

    I suspect your battery knows better than XP , most of the batteries tend(ed)
    to keep a memory of how low then whent
    and would not regarde to full power unless fully disgarged before being
    recharged a lt of them still do ;
    as a exemple if own an +- old 2.4gz cordless phone and put it back on its
    base before it runs dead eventualy
    it standby time shortens the batery remenbers its lower level... it take a
    year to find that out , then a new battery...is
    the only way out lost power tools (batery operated) do the same, you need
    two batteries; run one all the way down ,THEN
    change for the other one and let the fist recharge. (By the way they are
    alittle fussy about the temperature you recharge them..
    avaid the sun !

    Happy landing!

    bruno cardinal, May 8, 2006

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > I've a 6cell Lithium Ion battery on my Compaq M2002AL laptop. I keep
    > that connected to my computer during my work even when the AC adaptor
    > is ON. I never take that out. Initially my battery used to say it has
    > 1hr 40min of back up time left at my Microsoft windows xp operating
    > system. Now after a year of prolonged use it has about 48 min of time
    > left when fully charged.

    I use electric screwdrivers. When new, the charge will last over a
    month. As time goes on it lasts less and less time, till, I have to
    replace it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 10, 2006