    anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a solution?

    Thanks
    Steve

    Steve, May 2, 2006

  2. Steve

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Hi
    > My vivitar vivicam 3301 which I've had for 1½ years now turns itself
    > off to conserve battery power a second after turning it on. This
    > happens even with a fresh AAA batery. I can take a picture if I press
    > the shutter button a split second before it turns off but this doesn't
    > allow me to change any options or frame the subject very well. Has
    > anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a solution?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve

    Is there not an option to turn that off? I know it could be hard
    getting into the settings anyway, if it's shutting off so quickly. The
    only get around I could think is to use an external power source then
    change the settings that way.... ah, I just looked it up, weird little
    cam, appears to have no real settings or anything and no external
    power? Does it use the battery when you use it as a webcam?

    It looks like it is a defunct model too :O(

    --
    Paul (Hey man wake up and smell the concrete)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, May 2, 2006

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    No, it uses USB in web cam mode, although I've never tried it. No
    other options are selectable when connected to a pc. My only thought
    was that the on switch was sticking but it's not that because the no
    power icon shows directly before switch off.

    Steve, May 2, 2006
  4. Steve

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > No, it uses USB in web cam mode, although I've never tried it. No
    > other options are selectable when connected to a pc. My only thought
    > was that the on switch was sticking but it's not that because the no
    > power icon shows directly before switch off.

    It seems to have been a pretty cheap little cam, did you pick it up at
    a reasonable price? I know it's no great help but it might just be
    time for a new one. I didn't see mention of memory cards etc so at
    least you haven't wasted money on any extras.

    There is a group dedicated to point and shoot cams,

    rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

    but to be honest I'd be surprised if anyone can suggest anything
    better than replacing it.

    There was one thing I was wondering, there isn't any way the removable
    face plate could be catching on anything? plus you could check that
    the battery connections are clean.

    Paul Heslop, May 2, 2006
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Yes, I think you're right, it's had it's day, I only started using it
    again after it being stuck in a drawer for a while. I brought it
    becase it looked cute.

    Steve

    Steve, May 3, 2006
  6. Steve

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > Yes, I think you're right, it's had it's day, I only started using it
    > again after it being stuck in a drawer for a while. I brought it
    > becase it looked cute.
    >
    > Steve

    Aye, well, bin it and get something cuter :O))

    Paul Heslop, May 4, 2006