    Checked for corrupted memory

    Thanks
    , Jan 29, 2008

  2. Guest

    , Jan 29, 2008

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:14:43 -0800, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>It's only sluggish when it comes to typing,
    >>scrolling, and flash animations.

    >I'll take things related to a video driver, for $100 Alex

    Sluggish. Like a wet sponge.
    Evan Platt, Jan 29, 2008
  4. wrote:

    > Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've learned
    > that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. ...
    >
    > I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    > problem in linux) ...

    How can the battery cause it to act sluggish if it is a Windows problem?

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 29, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Jan 28, 9:47 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've learned
    > > that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. ...

    > > I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    > > problem in linux) ...

    > How can the battery cause it to act sluggish if it is a Windows problem?
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Thanks for the two very informative replies...

    I mean that the computer is only affected when running windows.
    Everything runs fine when plugged into an AC outlet, but once I'm on
    battery power, everything acts strange. It's not necessarily the
    battery causing the problem. Sorry for my wording.
    , Jan 29, 2008
  6. wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've
    >>> learned that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish. ...
    >>>
    >>> I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    >>> problem in linux) ...

    >> How can the battery cause it to act sluggish if it is a Windows
    >> problem?

    > I mean that the computer is only affected when running windows.
    > Everything runs fine when plugged into an AC outlet, but once I'm on
    > battery power, everything acts strange. It's not necessarily the
    > battery causing the problem. Sorry for my wording.

    Windows+battery == bad
    Knoppix+battery == good

    might lead me to think there is something amiss with Windows' power
    management settings. Another thought would be that whatever you have
    running in Windows is overtaxing the CPU.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 29, 2008
  7. In article <>,
    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:14:43 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>It's only sluggish when it comes to typing,
    > >>scrolling, and flash animations.

    > >I'll take things related to a video driver, for $100 Alex

    > Sluggish. Like a wet sponge.

    It's a damn good thing he doesn't know how much I hate his guts.
    David Matthew Wood, Jan 29, 2008
  8. Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:26:11 GMT, David Matthew Wood
    <> wrote:

    >It's a damn good thing he doesn't know how much I hate his guts.

    Oh man I could go all day. I love that move.

    We have clearance, Clarance.
    Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ackekw7ePFo
    Evan Platt, Jan 29, 2008
  9. wrote in
    m:

    > Hello. I've done a lot a troubleshooting on my laptop and I've
    > learned that my battery is causing my computer to act sluggish.
    > Let me elaborate a little more...It's only sluggish when it comes
    > to typing, scrolling, and flash animations. Music and H.264 HD
    > video plays just fine, but it's mostly the text "hiccup" that's
    > bothering me.
    >
    > I've isolated it to a windows problem. (I ran knoppix and found no
    > problem in linux) I have also:
    >
    > Scanned for viruses/spyware/adware using NOD32, spyboy, and
    > ad-aware Cleaned out registry with hijackthis
    > Defragmented
    > Checked all BIOS settings
    > Checked for corrupted memory
    >
    > Thanks

    Often, the CPU is slowed-down in a Windows laptop when running on
    battery. For more info:

    "Wrong CPU Speed Reported in Windows XP - Notebooks"
    <http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5635>

    HTH,
    John
    John Wunderlich, Jan 29, 2008
  10. In article <>,
    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:26:11 GMT, David Matthew Wood
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >It's a damn good thing he doesn't know how much I hate his guts.

    > Oh man I could go all day. I love that move.
    >
    > We have clearance, Clarance.
    > Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

    There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest
    of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to
    fly a plane?
    David Matthew Wood, Jan 30, 2008