    --
    Eric Babula
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Eric Babula, May 24, 2005

  2. Eric Babula wrote:
    > Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
    > butterflyphoto.com! Finally!

    You will not be disappointed!

    > So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
    > ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
    > shouldn't get this one?
    >
    > http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

    It's not the higher-speed SanDisk Ultra II, which will download a lot
    faster in a USB 2.0 hi-speed reader. We also use and recommend the
    Kingmax Platinum, also high speed (9/10MB/s).

    > I'm also thinking of buying a second battery pack for the FZ5. For
    > those of you who have the FZ5: Do you think this is necessary? And,
    > where can I get a good battery pack for the FZ5, for a lower cost
    > than the $69.99 that butterflyphoto.com is charging?

    We got Hahnel, a reliable third-party supplier, but I don't know if they
    are available in the US. If you are going to be shooting all day (and
    evening), I would definitely get a second battery, and maybe a even third.
    I've managed with just two during a full day shoot.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, May 24, 2005

  3. "Eric Babula" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
    > butterflyphoto.com! Finally!
    >
    > So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
    > ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
    > shouldn't get this one?

    None that I know of.

    > http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

    > I'm also thinking of buying a second battery pack for the FZ5. For those
    > of you who have the FZ5: Do you think this is necessary? And, where can I
    > get a good battery pack for the FZ5, for a lower cost than the $69.99
    > that butterflyphoto.com is charging?

    My FZ5 definitely needs a second battery! I am looking for a better price.
    Please post back if you find a good deal.
    Charles Schuler, May 24, 2005
  4. Eric Babula

    starcolony Guest

    Eric,

    The Panasonic FZ5 is an amazing camera. Works like a big boy, carries
    like a l'il point and shoot. 12x stabilized zzzzzooooommmmmm!!!
    (purchased at Vann's in Montana, no tax, free shipping, fast service).

    Be sure to get a fast SD card. I picked up a SanDisk Ultra II at
    Amazon.com for a good price and free shipping. The difference in write
    speed in the camera is dramatic compared to the supplied Panasonic SD
    card. Do not hobble this race horse with a mediocre speed SD card.

    A second battery is a very sensible addition. For me it is a mandatory
    accessory.

    Try:

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    CTA DB-S002A1B Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
    Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# DBS002 · B&H# CTCGAS002A1B $
    39.95

    or

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    Power-2000 ACD-225 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
    Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# ACD225 · B&H# POCGAS002A1B $
    39.95

    or

    http://www.dsmiller.com/html/Digital-Camera-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ5-B-9620.htm
    $30.95

    or

    I recall Amazon.com has a good price on the Energizer ER-D770 for
    Panasonic CGA-S002A/1B

    Enjoy your new toy!

    TR
    starcolony, May 25, 2005
  5. Eric Babula

    Bruce Graham Guest

    In article <Xns966092FFF703Cebabulacare2com@24.94.170.102>,
    says...
    > Ok, I FINALLY did it! I bought the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 at
    > butterflyphoto.com! Finally!
    >
    > So, now I'm gonna need a bigger SD card. Found a 1GB Sandisk card at
    > ecost.com for $72.00 that I'll probably get. Anyone have any reason I
    > shouldn't get this one?
    >
    > http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=401035

    that is a *slow* card by today's standards and will slow your FZ5 and
    any future device you want to use it in. (by definition "future devices"
    are always faster)

    get at least a 45x card
    Bruce Graham, May 25, 2005
  6. Eric Babula

    Ron Hunter Guest

    starcolony wrote:
    > Eric,
    >
    > The Panasonic FZ5 is an amazing camera. Works like a big boy, carries
    > like a l'il point and shoot. 12x stabilized zzzzzooooommmmmm!!!
    > (purchased at Vann's in Montana, no tax, free shipping, fast service).
    >
    > Be sure to get a fast SD card. I picked up a SanDisk Ultra II at
    > Amazon.com for a good price and free shipping. The difference in write
    > speed in the camera is dramatic compared to the supplied Panasonic SD
    > card. Do not hobble this race horse with a mediocre speed SD card.
    >
    > A second battery is a very sensible addition. For me it is a mandatory
    > accessory.
    >
    > Try:
    >
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    > CTA DB-S002A1B Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
    > Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# DBS002 · B&H# CTCGAS002A1B $
    > 39.95
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    > Power-2000 ACD-225 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2v 800mAh) Replacement for
    > Panasonic CGA-S002A1B Battery Mfr# ACD225 · B&H# POCGAS002A1B $
    > 39.95
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://www.dsmiller.com/html/Digital-Camera-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ5-B-9620.htm
    > $30.95
    >
    > or
    >
    > I recall Amazon.com has a good price on the Energizer ER-D770 for
    > Panasonic CGA-S002A/1B
    >
    > Enjoy your new toy!
    >
    > TR

    I agree about the battery. No matter what kind of battery you use,
    going out without a spare is tempting fate.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, May 25, 2005
  7. Eric Babula

    Eric Babula Guest

    "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in

    > My FZ5 definitely needs a second battery! I am looking for a
    > better price. Please post back if you find a good deal.

    Take a look at the post from starcolony, in this thread. He has some
    good ideas. I think I'll probably go with the Energizer from Amazon.com,
    unless I hear a better deal out there. I can also buy the Sandisk Ultra
    II SD card from Amazon.com, so I could get them both at once.

    --
    Eric Babula
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Eric Babula, May 25, 2005