Battery Life - Wireless Optical Mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Geoff Pearson, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    news:sOUlf.254$...
    >I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical mouse and
    > keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in the mouse only lasted
    > day. I suppose they could have been duff or perhaps the mouse is unwell,
    > only time will tell. How long should batteries in a mouse last?

    My Microsoft mouse batteries last about 6 months

    Geoff Pearson, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Geoff Pearson

    Stickems. Guest

    I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical mouse and
    keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in the mouse only lasted a

    Stickems., Dec 8, 2005

  3. "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message

    > "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >>I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical mouse and
    >> keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in the mouse only lasted
    >> day. I suppose they could have been duff or perhaps the mouse is unwell,
    >> only time will tell. How long should batteries in a mouse last?
    >>

    > My Microsoft mouse batteries last about 6 months

    Get some NiMH rechargables - these will give out much more power then
    ordinary batteries.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 8, 2005

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Geoff Pearson

    Steve Guest

    "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical mouse and
    > keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in the mouse only lasted
    > day. I suppose they could have been duff or perhaps the mouse is unwell,
    > only time will tell. How long should batteries in a mouse last?

    I also bought a Labtec ( not ultra flat ) optical wireless mouse and the
    batteries lasted at least a couple of months and they were'nt even the
    strongest batteries.

    Steve, Dec 8, 2005
  6. "Steve" <> wrote in message

    > "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >>I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical mouse and
    >> keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in the mouse only lasted
    >> day. I suppose they could have been duff or perhaps the mouse is unwell,
    >> only time will tell. How long should batteries in a mouse last?
    >>

    > I also bought a Labtec ( not ultra flat ) optical wireless mouse and the
    > batteries lasted at least a couple of months and they were'nt even the
    > strongest batteries.

    I'd say Stickems got a dud mouse. Not going into standby maybe?

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Dec 8, 2005
  7. Geoff Pearson

    Stickems. Guest

    Should the flashing red light be on permanently?
    I've not heard of a mouse going into standby.

    Stickems., Dec 8, 2005
  8. Geoff Pearson

    AGEE Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:29:28 GMT, "Stickems." <>
    wrote:

    >I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical mouse and
    >keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in the mouse only lasted a
    >day. I suppose they could have been duff or perhaps the mouse is unwell,
    >only time will tell. How long should batteries in a mouse last?

    I've known them last a couple of years in a microsoft mouse. Saying
    that I bought a Belkin wireless keyboard and mouse a few months ago
    and the supplied batteries died within a week. New ones are still
    going but the mouse is crap. Cursor seizes at odd moments. Keyboard is
    good though

    AGEE, Dec 8, 2005
  9. Geoff Pearson

    sheila Guest

    I use rechargables with my logitech optical mouse. Ordinary batteries would
    only last a week. If the batteries came with the mouse I.e in the box they
    were probably low on juice anyway. I've had batteries that come with things
    in box and they are dead already.

    Good point about should the red light be on all the time though, I don't
    turn my computer off at the socket, therefore the mouse is probably using a
    lot of juice, ( my red light is on constant).

    sheila, Dec 8, 2005
  10. Geoff Pearson

    Kraftee Guest

    sheila wrote:
    > I use rechargables with my logitech optical mouse. Ordinary
    > batteries would only last a week. If the batteries came with the
    > mouse I.e in the box they were probably low on juice anyway. I've
    > had batteries that come with things in box and they are dead already.
    >
    > Good point about should the red light be on all the time though, I
    > don't turn my computer off at the socket, therefore the mouse is
    > probably using a lot of juice, ( my red light is on constant).

    With my Logitech mouse if you don't use it after a time the red LED
    starts to flash gradually slower & the batteries last around a couple of
    months. The Logitech Lazer mouse on the other hand, supposedly turns
    itself off (I said supposedly because if it was off how would it know
    when to turn on again) but the rechargables only last around 3 weeks
    before I have to stick it back in the recharge cradle again..

    Kraftee, Dec 8, 2005
  11. Stickems. wrote:

    > I have just bought a Labtec Ultra-Flat Wireless Desktop optical
    > mouse and keyboard. It works brilliantly but the batteries in
    > the mouse only lasted a day. I suppose they could have been duff
    > or perhaps the mouse is unwell, only time will tell. How long
    > should batteries in a mouse last?

    1. Replace batteries.

    2. Observe longevity of new ones.

    3. Draw conclusion.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 9, 2005
  12. Geoff Pearson

    Stickems. Guest

    1. Done.

    2. Doing.

    3. Will do.

    Stickems., Dec 9, 2005
  13. Geoff Pearson

    Steve Guest

    The flashing red light should turn off after a couple of minutes of the
    mouse not being used and then you should have to click a button to make it
    work again.

    If this is'nt happening then it looks like SS was right.

    Steve, Dec 9, 2005
  14. Geoff Pearson

    Stickems. Guest

    I'm beginning to think that I have a faulty mouse. When I told Labtec about
    this they didn't ask if the red light stays on. If this is the symptom of a
    faulty mouse that drains batteries you would have thought this would have
    been mentioned.
    Is the button you click the usual mouse button, as that's all I have on my
    mouse.

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    | The flashing red light should turn off after a couple of minutes of the
    | mouse not being used and then you should have to click a button to make it
    | work again.
    |
    | If this is'nt happening then it looks like SS was right.
    |
    | "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    | > 1. Done.
    | >
    | > 2. Doing.
    | >
    | > 3. Will do.