    Can you colorize my life I'm so sick of black and white?
    Can you make it all a little less old?

    _I would do anything for love_ by Jim Steinman

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Matt Silberstein wrote:
    > I have a Sony F707. I have taken some just short of 8000 pictures with
    > it and I have been pretty reasonable about turning off the camera (and
    > I don't do much flash work, I don't like the flash). Anyway, the
    > batter that came with the camera and the after market I bought at the
    > same time have stopped taking a charge. Is this a reasonable life
    > span?

    I would say that 4,000 images is not a bad life for a battery. Cost per
    image was what? ;-)

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Matt Silberstein <> writes:
    >I have a Sony F707. I have taken some just short of 8000 pictures with
    >it and I have been pretty reasonable about turning off the camera (and
    >I don't do much flash work, I don't like the flash). Anyway, the
    >batter that came with the camera and the after market I bought at the
    >same time have stopped taking a charge. Is this a reasonable life
    >span?

    How old are the batteries? LiIon batteries are often said to have a
    useful life of about 2 years, even if you don't use them much during
    that period.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Mar 18, 2005
  4. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:04:04 GMT, in rec.photo.digital , "Joseph
    Meehan" <> in
    <8Op_d.3190$> wrote:

    >Matt Silberstein wrote:
    >> I have a Sony F707. I have taken some just short of 8000 pictures with
    >> it and I have been pretty reasonable about turning off the camera (and
    >> I don't do much flash work, I don't like the flash). Anyway, the
    >> batter that came with the camera and the after market I bought at the
    >> same time have stopped taking a charge. Is this a reasonable life
    >> span?

    > I would say that 4,000 images is not a bad life for a battery. Cost per
    >image was what? ;-)

    Cost isn't the issue, if they are old, they are old. I guess I was
    not as clear as I could have been. I could not tell if the issue was
    the batteries or the charger. I will assume it is the batteries.

    >> I ask because I also just lost the charger and bought one of
    >> those small after market chargers. That device works well with the
    >> newer battery I bought, but not with the old ones. Is it the charger
    >> or the batteries? My only thought is to go to a camera store and see
    >> if they have a charger that connects to the camera so I can test that.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Will you hold me sacred?
    Will you hold me tight?

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 18, 2005
  5. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:52:52 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital ,
    (Dave Martindale) in <d1dc9k$p0k$>
    wrote:

    >Matt Silberstein <> writes:
    >>I have a Sony F707. I have taken some just short of 8000 pictures with
    >>it and I have been pretty reasonable about turning off the camera (and
    >>I don't do much flash work, I don't like the flash). Anyway, the
    >>batter that came with the camera and the after market I bought at the
    >>same time have stopped taking a charge. Is this a reasonable life
    >>span?

    >How old are the batteries? LiIon batteries are often said to have a
    >useful life of about 2 years, even if you don't use them much during
    >that period.

    If so I have done pretty well then. I have had these three years.

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Will you hold me sacred?
    Will you hold me tight?

    Matt Silberstein, Mar 18, 2005
  6. >I have a Sony F707. I have taken some just short of 8000 pictures with
    >it and I have been pretty reasonable about turning off the camera (and
    >I don't do much flash work, I don't like the flash). Anyway, the
    >batter that came with the camera and the after market I bought at the
    >same time have stopped taking a charge. Is this a reasonable life
    >span? I ask because I also just lost the charger and bought one of

    Battery life depends on many, many factors, including the number of
    recharge cycles, the operating temperature of the battery, the degree
    to which the battery is regularly discharged, and the way it which it
    is recharged. The number of pictures you've taken with the battery
    doesn't have much to do with whether the battery should still be
    working. (I don't know what kind of battery the F707 uses, but,
    unfortunately, keeping the battery mostly full may actually reduce the
    battery life.)

    -Joel

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Mar 18, 2005