Battery & Charger

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Moon Shooter, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Moon Shooter

    Moon Shooter Guest

    My Rayovac 1HR charger went dead couple days ago.
    So I went out shopping battery charger in Fry's.
    They don't have any good chargers, but found "X1 800mAh NiMH 10/pack" for sale
    - $9.99.(Item# 4307465).

    Then I went to Walmart and found
    Rayovac 2hr and 15 min charger.
    Don't know why Rayovac go back in time for 2 hr charger.
    Their 15min charger charges 2 AA or AAA a time.(Suck!).
    Next to them comes Energizer 15min charger with 4 2200mAh NiMH for $27.83.
    Since Walmart has 90 days no questions ask return policy, I'll just give it a
    try.

    Surprise! it does charge 4 2200mAh(energizer brand coming with the charger)
    batteries around 15 minutes.
    It makes huge fan noise, because it use fan to cool down the batteries.

    Under close examination, the Energizer 2200Mah battery has "Min 2050Mah" on
    the label and it is made in Japan.

    The X1 800mAh battery is made in China and can be charged in less than 15
    mins.

    Apparently, this charger uses fan(big current, high heat) instead of special
    battery to accomplish their 15 mins claim.
    Moon Shooter, Apr 13, 2005