    Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both ends
    with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them come
    back to life.

    reid decker, Apr 22, 2004

  2. reid decker

    one_red_eye Guest

    "reid decker" <> wrote in message
    news:c%Ghc.69057$...
    > Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both ends
    > with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them come
    > back to life.

    Kiss my what?

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.

    one_red_eye, Apr 22, 2004

  3. reid decker wrote:

    > Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both ends
    > with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them come
    > back to life.

    Actually, most kitchen sponges were never "alive" to begin with. They
    are composed of synthetic and petroleum materials rather than made from
    (formerly) living animals, so it is highly unlikely that they would
    "come back to life".

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2004
  4. reid decker

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in message
    > reid decker wrote:
    >
    > > Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both

    ends
    > > with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them

    come
    > > back to life.
    > >

    > Actually, most kitchen sponges were never "alive" to begin with. They
    > are composed of synthetic and petroleum materials rather than made

    from
    > (formerly) living animals, so it is highly unlikely that they would
    > "come back to life".

    I guess I'll have to give up fried sponge 'n eggs, then. :)

    Juan Pérez, Apr 22, 2004
  5. Juan Pérez wrote:

    > Rôgêr <> wrote in message
    >
    >>reid decker wrote:
    >>

    >>>Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both

    > ends
    >
    >>>with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them

    > come
    >
    >>>back to life.
    >>>

    >>Actually, most kitchen sponges were never "alive" to begin with. They
    >>are composed of synthetic and petroleum materials rather than made

    > from
    >
    >>(formerly) living animals, so it is highly unlikely that they would
    >>"come back to life".
    >>

    > I guess I'll have to give up fried sponge 'n eggs, then. :)

    A decent sponge quesadilla with a few Dosxx sounds good about now. The
    sponge may affect the number of Dosxx one could consume before
    spontaneous combustion spoils the evening yet again.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2004
  6. reid decker

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Rôgêr captured everyone's attention with this jabberwocky:
    > Juan Pérez wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >> ends

    >> come

    >>> Actually, most kitchen sponges were never "alive" to begin with.
    >>> They are composed of synthetic and petroleum materials rather than
    >>> made

    >> from
    >>
    >>> (formerly) living animals, so it is highly unlikely that they would
    >>> "come back to life".
    >>>

    >> I guess I'll have to give up fried sponge 'n eggs, then. :)

    > A decent sponge quesadilla with a few Dosxx sounds good about now. The
    > sponge may affect the number of Dosxx one could consume before
    > spontaneous combustion spoils the evening yet again.

    Garçon, bring Mr. Creosote a synthetic sponge chimichanga for dessert.
    Synthetic sponge, having been once a petroleum product was, at one long,
    long time ago a shiteload of living creatures and therefore presumed
    edible. Just to hasten the fiery explosion, no?
    --
    Juan
    - Ex Posto Fucto: Lost In The Mail

    Juan Pérez, Apr 22, 2004
  7. reid decker

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: Rôgêr stated for the record...
    > reid decker wrote:
    >
    >> Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both
    >> ends with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of
    >> them come back to life.
    >>

    > Actually, most kitchen sponges were never "alive" to begin with. They
    > are composed of synthetic and petroleum materials rather than made
    > from (formerly) living animals, so it is highly unlikely that they
    > would "come back to life".

    LOL
    I wouldn't be so sure, I had a nasty experience with a reanimated loofah
    once...

    slylittlei, Apr 22, 2004
  8. reid decker

    reid decker Guest

    SHYLOCK: VERY FUNNY. YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. BUT THE
    BATTERIES MIGHT COME BACK...USE THE GREEN SIDE, NOT THE FAKE SPONGE.

    reid decker, Apr 22, 2004
  9. reid decker

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: reid decker stated for the record...

    <snip>

    > SHYLOCK: VERY FUNNY. YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. BUT THE
    > BATTERIES MIGHT COME BACK...USE THE GREEN SIDE, NOT THE FAKE SPONGE.

    Well if you insist, but handy household tips are no substitute for a pound
    of flesh... <eg>

    slylittlei, Apr 22, 2004
  10. reid decker

    trout Guest

    slylittlei wrote:

    > A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    > arboreal in it's habits: reid decker stated for the record...
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> SHYLOCK: VERY FUNNY. YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. BUT THE
    >> BATTERIES MIGHT COME BACK...USE THE GREEN SIDE, NOT THE FAKE SPONGE.

    > Well if you insist, but handy household tips are no substitute for a
    > pound of flesh... <eg>

    So, was he calling you the 'Merchant of Venom'? Or was that
    'Malice'? (Since this thread's already got more bad jokes than you could
    shake a spear at.)
    --
    "You've got to break a few pigs to make a Hamlet."

    trout, Apr 22, 2004
  11. reid decker

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: trout stated for the record...
    > slylittlei wrote:
    >
    >> A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    >> arboreal in it's habits: reid decker stated for the record...
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> SHYLOCK: VERY FUNNY. YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR. BUT THE
    >>> BATTERIES MIGHT COME BACK...USE THE GREEN SIDE, NOT THE FAKE SPONGE.

    >> Well if you insist, but handy household tips are no substitute for a
    >> pound of flesh... <eg>

    > So, was he calling you the 'Merchant of Venom'? Or was that
    > 'Malice'? (Since this thread's already got more bad jokes than you
    > could shake a spear at.)

    Beats me, as the Hamlet said of the egg-whisk... ;-)

    slylittlei, Apr 23, 2004
  12. reid decker

    Pat Guest

    BALONEY!

    Pat, Apr 23, 2004
  13. reid decker wrote:
    > Before throwing away what appear to be dead batteries, burnish both ends
    > with one of those green and yellow kitchen sponges. Most of them come
    > back to life.

    This isn't aa crazy as it might sound, if you add a few qualifications.

    If you overcharge NiCad and NiMH batteries, they get very hot and
    gas-out some of their contents, which does leave a non-conductive film
    on the terminals.

    Removing this film can bring the battery "back to life".

    Of course the best idea would be to bin the charger and get one that
    protectes the batteries against overcharging.

    If you can see fine white crystals near the terminals, you are
    probably overcharging. (aka Barclay's Bank syndrome)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 23, 2004