    this about right?

    Thanks,
    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Don Coon Guest

    "Larry R Harrison Jr" <> wrote in message
    > I just received my Nikon Coolpix 775 Friday. Works great as far as 2.1
    > megapixel point & shoot-types go.
    >
    > Only thing is, I need more batteries. I know it comes with the EN-EL1. My
    > main question is that the battery is a 7.4 volt and a 650 mAh or something
    > like that.
    >
    > Would any other aftermarket "generic" EN-EL1 have to match those ratings
    > EXACTLY? I purchased another one which is also 7.4 volts but is 720 mAh.

    Is
    > this close enough to work & not damage the camera?

    Yes, yes, yes! If you could find an 1800mah version (doesn't exist) you'd
    be in battery heaven. The higher the mah rating, the more pictures you'll
    be able to take on a charge.

    I just bought two "generics" for $25 total shipped off Ebay. I've bought
    from the guy before and the batteries work just as well as the original
    Nikon branded batteries.

    Best of Luck!

    rrival. Camera works great otherwise, but
    > the charger won't hit a lick. Apparently from what I've read in Google
    > archives this seems to be an issue with this particular model. Any

    comments?

    Don Coon, Aug 17, 2003