Batman Begins. Best Pic 2005.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by James Cortez Jr., Oct 19, 2005.

  1. Hi Dvders.,

    I just got through watching "Batman
    Begins" on dvd with a superb picture
    and fabulous 5.1 sound.

    Could this comic book movie be nominated for Best Picture 2005. Yes
    comic books are works of art.

    So far it 2005 has been the Year Of
    The Comic Book Movie. With 2 great ones "Batman Begins" and "Frank
    Miller's
    Sin City",one misfire "Elektra",one
    dissapointment "Fantastic Four" and one
    missing in action and straight to video
    "Man-Thing".

    Any Bets On "Superman Returns".
    James Cortez Jr.
    10/19/2005
    Wednesday

    P.S. Anybody out there getting ready to
    finally see Richard Donner's cut of
    "Superman II" coming out on dvd next year.

    Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
    my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3

    :-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.

    James Cortez Jr., Oct 19, 2005

  2. James Cortez Jr.

    Aphelion Guest

    > Could this comic book movie be nominated for Best Picture 2005. Yes
    > comic books are works of art.

    Begins was enjoyable but not Oscar material. Sin City should be
    Oscar-nommed though.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Oct 19, 2005

  3. James Cortez Jr.

    jb Guest

    One thing I found interesting about Batman Begins is the love setup at
    the end of the film. It's exactly the opposite of the Spiderman setup.

    Excellent movie, by the way.

    jb, Oct 19, 2005
  4. James Cortez Jr.

    jayembee Guest

    (James Cortez Jr.) wrote:

    > I just got through watching "Batman
    > Begins" on dvd with a superb picture
    > and fabulous 5.1 sound.
    >
    > Could this comic book movie be nominated for Best Picture 2005.

    No.

    I loved it, but it's not *that* good.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 19, 2005