Batchfiles, Pipe > Output.txt, Redirection might fail with Unicode text files ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Jan 20, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    A possible explanation why:

    project1.exe text.txt > output.txt

    might not be working is:

    When text.txt contains unicode characters ?!?!?!?!?!?

    MS WORD TO THE RESCUE.

    SHAME ON ALL OTHER EDITORS because they can't teach me.

    MS Word/Office asks if I want ms-dos character or unicode characters.

    Apperently somehow lul.txt ended up as unicode I think ?

    Example (don't know if example will stay intact in outlook express message
    but gonna try anyway):

    ?Ik ben een dikke lul

    That a unicode string ?!

    How the **** that happen ?

    WEIRD.

    Maybe textpad fucked it ?

    Maybe windows fucked it ?!

    Fucking strange.

    All I known is > probably hass issue's with unicode...

    I DONT KNOW.

    MS WORD/OFFICE DISCOVERED IT ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.