    Me that will do batch rename? Did somebody say Irfanview does batch renames? I
    have photoshop. Anyway to do it in that?

    HELP
    Johnbrain666, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Johnbrain666 wrote:

    > I have read a few threads inconclusively. I am looking for a mthod to rename a
    > batch of pics (say, all in one folder) without the extension. Instead of
    > 555.jpg I just want 555, 666, 777 etc.
    >
    > I read that XP can rename in a series just using windows. Is there software for
    > Me that will do batch rename? Did somebody say Irfanview does batch renames? I
    > have photoshop. Anyway to do it in that?
    >
    > HELP

    http://www.herve-thouzard.com/therename.phtml

    -Dave
    Dave Herzstein, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Johnbrain666

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Johnbrain666 bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > I have read a few threads inconclusively. I am looking for a mthod to
    > rename a batch of pics (say, all in one folder) without the
    > extension. Instead of 555.jpg I just want 555, 666, 777 etc.
    >
    > I read that XP can rename in a series just using windows. Is there
    > software for Me that will do batch rename? Did somebody say Irfanview
    > does batch renames? I have photoshop. Anyway to do it in that?
    >
    > HELP

    Hi,

    It is in the menus for Irfanview, I have never used it to do this, give it a
    go.... http://www.irfanview.com/ Download the plugins as well
    :)
    --
    Mcploppy ©
    { Remove both MyShoes to email me}
    Mcploppy ©, Aug 6, 2003
  4. I just gota ask. Why?

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Johnbrain666

    Trevor S Guest

    ospam (Johnbrain666) wrote in

    > I have read a few threads inconclusively. I am looking for a mthod to
    > rename a batch of pics (say, all in one folder) without the extension.
    > Instead of 555.jpg I just want 555, 666, 777 etc.

    umm use the command line, use the ren command and wildcards...

    --
    Trevor S

    -Albert Einstein
    Trevor S, Aug 7, 2003
  6. Johnbrain666

    Johnbrain666 Guest

    I can "automate" bulk ebay posting utilizing excel's autofill feature. IE
    Explorer will read jpg's even if they do not have the file extension, so I can
    just type my url with a final image name as "1" and for the next item it will
    fill in 2, 3, 4, etc.

    Of course Netscape browsers will have problems, but I can eliminate about 80%
    of my data entry time
    Johnbrain666, Aug 7, 2003
  7. Johnbrain666

    Tony Lewis Guest

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:30:28 +0100, John Bean <>
    wrote:

    >On 06 Aug 2003 21:02:06 GMT, ospam (Johnbrain666)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have read a few threads inconclusively. I am looking for a mthod to rename a
    >>batch of pics (say, all in one folder) without the extension. Instead of
    >>555.jpg I just want 555, 666, 777 etc.
    >>
    >>I read that XP can rename in a series just using windows. Is there software for
    >>Me that will do batch rename? Did somebody say Irfanview does batch renames? I
    >>have photoshop. Anyway to do it in that?

    >You can do it from the command prompt in any version of Windows (or
    >DOS for that matter!)
    >
    >Open a command prompt, change to the directory you have the .jpg files
    >in, then type:
    >
    >ren *.jpg *.
    >
    >Simple, you don't need any extra software to do it :)

    nothing to do with photography but I'm looking for something that will
    do renames and traverse subfolders such as ren *.* *.doc /s

    --
    TonyL
    Tony Lewis, Aug 8, 2003
  8. Johnbrain666

    Tony Lewis Guest

    On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:21:51 -0500, "NoOneYouKnow"
    <> wrote:

    >"Tony Lewis" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:30:28 +0100, John Bean <>
    >> wrote:

    >rename a

    >software for

    >renames? I
    >> >
    >> >You can do it from the command prompt in any version of Windows (or
    >> >DOS for that matter!)
    >> >
    >> >Open a command prompt, change to the directory you have the .jpg files
    >> >in, then type:
    >> >
    >> >ren *.jpg *.
    >> >
    >> >Simple, you don't need any extra software to do it :)
    >> >

    >> nothing to do with photography but I'm looking for something that will
    >> do renames and traverse subfolders such as ren *.* *.doc /s

    >Try the 'for' command. Off the top of my head (meaning it *might* be worth
    >what you paid for it):
    >
    >for /R %i in (.) do ren %i\*.* *.doc
    >
    >If that doesn't quite work, check 'for /?' for more info

    That's pretty close thanks. I hadn't realised the /R option existed.
    However your syntax replaces the extension with .doc and I want to
    add. eg abc.001 becomes abc.001.doc

    I've tried a few variations but they fall over for one reason or
    another but I'll press on.

    The need wouldn't be there if I could xcopy *.* {dest}*.*.doc which
    I'm sure worked on Win9x but not with XP.

    --
    TonyL
    Tony Lewis, Aug 9, 2003
  9. Johnbrain666

    Jean Guest

    Not command line, but works great and FREE
    http://www.musicsucks.com/CKSoft/CKRename/

    Jean

    Jean, Aug 9, 2003
  10. Johnbrain666

    NoOneYouKnow Guest

    "Tony Lewis" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:21:51 -0500, "NoOneYouKnow"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Tony Lewis" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:30:28 +0100, John Bean <>
    > >> wrote:

    > >> nothing to do with photography but I'm looking for something that will
    > >> do renames and traverse subfolders such as ren *.* *.doc /s

    > >Try the 'for' command. Off the top of my head (meaning it *might* be

    worth
    > >what you paid for it):
    > >
    > >for /R %i in (.) do ren %i\*.* *.doc
    > >
    > >If that doesn't quite work, check 'for /?' for more info

    > That's pretty close thanks. I hadn't realised the /R option existed.
    > However your syntax replaces the extension with .doc and I want to
    > add. eg abc.001 becomes abc.001.doc
    >
    > I've tried a few variations but they fall over for one reason or
    > another but I'll press on.
    >
    > The need wouldn't be there if I could xcopy *.* {dest}*.*.doc which
    > I'm sure worked on Win9x but not with XP.

    Sorry, I misunderstood. Stick another '*.' in for the replacement name,
    like this:

    for /R %i in (.) do ren %i\*.* *.*.doc

    ---JRE---
    NoOneYouKnow, Aug 11, 2003