    sophisticated.

    Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
    comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.
    peter, May 27, 2007

  2. "peter" <> writes:
    > What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into
    > jpeg? The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have
    > to be very sophisticated.
    >
    > Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
    > comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

    DCraw: Open source, runs on a lot of platforms, somewhat hard to use:
    http://cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

    RSE 2006: Windows only, very simple batch interface:
    http://www.photo-freeware.net/raw-shooter-essentials.php
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, May 27, 2007

  3. peter

    ben brugman Guest

    For this I use Raw shooter essentials,
    it can do raw, in my oppinion it's fast. (It takes some time to do batch).
    It's fast to adjust some or a lot of pictures. It's easy to see all the
    pictures
    in a folder and navigating is fast.

    It might still be on the internet, but the product has been taken over
    by Adobe :-(

    ben

    ben brugman, May 28, 2007
  4. peter

    Colin_D Guest

    peter wrote:
    > What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into jpeg?
    > The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have to be very
    > sophisticated.
    >
    > Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
    > comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.

    Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com - is freeware, but is a most
    versatile image program. It will easily batch process your .CR2 files
    to tif, jpeg, dng, whatever you want, and at any resize you want.

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, May 28, 2007
  5. peter

    peter Guest

    "Colin_D" <> wrote in message
    > Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com - is freeware, but is a most
    > versatile image program. It will easily batch process your .CR2 files to
    > tif, jpeg, dng, whatever you want, and at any resize you want.

    This is what I ended up using. The batch mode is easy to use without having
    to read online help.
    peter, May 30, 2007
  6. peter

    Guest

    I use total image converter at www.CoolUtils.com
    Very pleasant batch image converter
    On 27 , 19:04, "peter" <> wrote:
    > What are some freewares that can batch convert canon raw (CR2) into jpeg?
    > The jpeg are used as proofs, so the conversion doesn't have to be very
    > sophisticated.
    >
    > Since there may be more than one software capable of doing this, any
    > comments on the pros and cons will be appreciated.
    , Jun 15, 2007
  7. peter

    sonjabc

    Joined: