Batch Image Adjustments in Apple Aperture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Isoaxis@gmail.com, Nov 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
    Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
    things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
    the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
    pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
    Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
    photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
    get me where I want to be, though.

    I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
    Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
    even possible?

    If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
    know.

    thanks,
    ..brit

    , Nov 12, 2006

  2. Al Monte Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
    > Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
    > things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
    > the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
    > pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
    > Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
    > photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
    > get me where I want to be, though.
    >
    > I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
    > Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
    > even possible?
    >
    > If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
    > know.
    >

    > thanks,
    > .brit

    I'm letting you know that I have experience in making batch changes like this.

    Al Monte, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
    > Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
    > things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
    > the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
    > pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
    > Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
    > photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
    > get me where I want to be, though.
    >
    > I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
    > Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
    > even possible?
    >
    > If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
    > know.

    I suggest you go to http://www.apple.com and click on the tab labeled
    "support" then click on the link labeled "discussions." There, you will
    find a link to an Aperture discussion where you can find a lot of
    information about Aperture, as well as post questions in the forum there.

    Shawn Hirn, Nov 12, 2006
  4. Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I shoot motocross action shots at various motocross tracks across the
    >> Southeast. Often I miss the exposure settings slightly or similar
    >> things due to the fast changing lighting conditions and no time to test
    >> the shot. I need to adjust these photos in batch (or stack) after
    >> pulling them off of the card. I am good with Photoshop and am learning
    >> Aperture. Previously I just created an action in Photoshop and ran the
    >> photos through auto levels or something similar. That doesn't always
    >> get me where I want to be, though.
    >>
    >> I would prefer to just select all of the images I want to change in
    >> Aperture and make the necessary adjustments once in Aperture. Is this
    >> even possible?
    >>
    >> If anyone has experience making batch changes like this, please let me
    >> know.

    > I suggest you go to http://www.apple.com and click on the tab labeled
    > "support" then click on the link labeled "discussions." There, you will
    > find a link to an Aperture discussion where you can find a lot of
    > information about Aperture, as well as post questions in the forum there.

    At the same time, discussions of PS, Aperture and Lightroom are quite
    welcome in my book.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Nov 12, 2006
  5. Guest

    So, what do you recommend for doing changes such as these? The more I
    play around with it, the more I feel like I should just stick with
    creating a Photoshop action.

    Thanks for the advice.

    thanks,
    ..brit