  1. Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
    delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
    WinXP solution.
    Paul in Toronto, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Paul in Toronto

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:55:20 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Paul in
    Toronto" <> wrote:

    >Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
    >delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
    >WinXP solution.

    http://www.irfanview.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Paul in Toronto

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Paul in Toronto" <> writes:
    > Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG
    > format and delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will
    > do it, but I need a WinXP solution.

    You could do it trivially with a shell script on linux (djpeg|pnmtopng).
    You could probably port those tools to winxp if it hasn't been done
    already.
    Paul Rubin, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Paul Rubin wrote:
    > "Paul in Toronto" <> writes:
    >> Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG
    >> format and delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will
    >> do it, but I need a WinXP solution.

    > You could do it trivially with a shell script on linux
    > (djpeg|pnmtopng). You could probably port those tools to winxp if it
    > hasn't been done already.

    You could port .... but IrfanView offers a ready-to-use, rather versatile
    solution. As Ed said:

    http://www.irfanview.com

    David
    David J Taylor, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Paul in Toronto

    Scott W Guest

    Paul in Toronto wrote:
    > Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
    > delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
    > WinXP solution.

    As some one eles has already posted these program, which is free, will
    do the job
    http://www.irfanview.com

    As some one else has already posted these program, which is free, will
    do the job
    http://www.irfanview.com

    But you have me really wondering why do you wish to convert from jpegs
    to png?

    Scott
    Scott W, Dec 15, 2005
  6. Paul in Toronto

    sierra Guest

    sierra, Dec 15, 2005
  7. "Paul in Toronto" <> writes:

    > Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG
    > format and delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will
    > do it, but I need a WinXP solution.

    ImageMagick for winxp seems to fit the bill.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Dec 15, 2005
  8. Paul in Toronto

    Matt Ion Guest

    Paul in Toronto wrote:
    > Anyone know of a free tool that'll convert all my JPEGs to PNG format and
    > delete the originals? I think ImageMagic for Linux will do it, but I need a
    > WinXP solution.

    www.irfanview.com

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0550-4, 12/16/2005
    Tested on: 12/16/2005 8:07:56 PM
    Matt Ion, Dec 17, 2005