    Can anyone help?
    Thanks

    Bob

    Bob, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Bob

    Brian Guest

    "Bob" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > Hi gang,
    >
    > I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
    > a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
    > is running.
    >
    > Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
    > do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bob

    As far as I know Spy Sweeper has several differnet shields do deal with
    spyware automatically thus not needing a full scan all of the time!
    Is it periodic scans that you want? (what about spy sweepers schedule
    options? I don't have the software myself but if you did make a batch file,
    the programme(Spy Sweeper) would have to support/have command line
    parameters)
    what do you exactly want to do?
    A batch file carries out a list/sequence of commands/tasks once started. i.e
    starting a programme(although a .cmd would do this a .bat file can do that
    and a lot more such as several set values check arguments, carry out loops
    etc. at a time)

    Brian, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Bob

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:48:51 GMT Bob wrote:

    > Hi gang,

    > I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
    > a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
    > is running.

    > Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
    > do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.

    > Can anyone help?
    > Thanks

    > Bob

    A dos batch file or other type?
    Dos does have it's limitations on what it can do.
    Since you know nothing about them, your first priority is to learn what's
    behind the scenes.

    Richard, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Bob

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    | Hi gang,
    |
    | I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
    | a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
    | is running.
    |
    | Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
    | do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.
    |
    | Can anyone help?
    | Thanks
    |
    | Bob

    How about using Windows' task scheduler instead?

    Start, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks, Add. You may need to find out if
    there are program startup options available to do the sweep automatically.
    That may require contacting the company that wrote the program, or reading
    the help files, etc.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 10, 2005