Batch file shortcut or keystroke combo

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DRW, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. DRW

    DRW Guest

    Is anyone aware of a batch file I could create or combination of
    keystrokes to eject my H: drive (memory card)? To remove my memory card I
    currently have to open "My Computer", right click on my "H:" drive, click on
    "Eject" then pull out the card. Not to hard but was just wondering if there
    was a quicker way.

    TIA,

    Duane

    ********
    entity to which it is addressed and may contain adult, confidential
    or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
    dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
    reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
    than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
    material from any computer.

    DRW, Jan 24, 2004

  2. DRW

    wisefool Guest

    DRW said:
    > Is anyone aware of a batch file I could create or combination of
    > keystrokes to eject my H: drive (memory card)? To remove my memory
    > card I currently have to open "My Computer", right click on my "H:"
    > drive, click on "Eject" then pull out the card. Not to hard but was
    > just wondering if there was a quicker way.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Duane

    Wizmo might work:
    http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

    Freeware.

    HTH

    wisefool
    wisefool, Jan 24, 2004

  3. DRW

    °Mike° Guest

    Please fix your hideous, broken signature.

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:52:06 GMT, in
    <WRmQb.112971$>
    DRW scrawled:

    > Is anyone aware of a batch file I could create or combination of
    >keystrokes to eject my H: drive (memory card)? To remove my memory card I
    >currently have to open "My Computer", right click on my "H:" drive, click on
    >"Eject" then pull out the card. Not to hard but was just wondering if there
    >was a quicker way.
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Duane

    <snipped broken sig.>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 24, 2004
  4. DRW

    wisefool Guest

    wisefool said:
    > DRW said:
    >> Is anyone aware of a batch file I could create or combination of
    >> keystrokes to eject my H: drive (memory card)? To remove my memory
    >> card I currently have to open "My Computer", right click on my "H:"
    >> drive, click on "Eject" then pull out the card. Not to hard but was
    >> just wondering if there was a quicker way.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Duane

    > Wizmo might work:
    > http://grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm

    Notice if you scroll down that it says it works for both CDROM and
    Zip/Jaz drives. Might work for memory cards too?

    Command once installed would be:

    wizmo open=h:

    This could be put into a shortcut, and assigned a hot key.

    See also cd_eject.vbs @ http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8381
    for a way of ejecting CDROMs from the command line. However I very much
    doubt this script would work with memory cards.

    I don't think you can conveniently write just one .BAT script to do what you
    want;;; extra "helper" software like Wizmo is the easiest way to go.

    wisefool, Jan 24, 2004
  5. DRW

    DRW Guest

    Thanks a lot guys it worked! I had never heard of that utility before.
    Sorry about the "hideous, broken signature" I wasn't aware there was a
    problem with it. It may have been because I deleted a link in the signature
    from the posting.

    Thanks for the quick response!

    Duane

    DRW, Jan 24, 2004