batch file/regedit/runas help please guys.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 9, 2004.

  1. Basically, I want to run a .reg file as an admin.

    I don't mind having to enter the password, so a simple runas would be fine.

    The way I normally do it is run explorer as me, then browse to the DC
    netlogon share, and merge the reg file. But being the lazy bastard that
    I am, I want to make this easier for myself.

    So I thought what I really need is "runas" for reg files, which I can't
    really do, as "shift-right click" on a reg file doesnt do it, so I
    thought command line, I could do the following

    runas /user:domain\admin-user "start \\DC\netlogon\file.reg"

    or similar, but well, I cant get it to work.

    This is on a Win2kpro/Win2ksvr/Winxppro network.
    Im trying to run this as myself(domain admin), but well, I cant get it
    to work.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 9, 2004

  2. In article <>, dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz
    says...
    > Basically, I want to run a .reg file as an admin.
    >
    > I don't mind having to enter the password, so a simple runas would be fine.
    >
    > The way I normally do it is run explorer as me, then browse to the DC
    > netlogon share, and merge the reg file. But being the lazy bastard that
    > I am, I want to make this easier for myself.
    >
    > So I thought what I really need is "runas" for reg files, which I can't
    > really do, as "shift-right click" on a reg file doesnt do it, so I
    > thought command line, I could do the following
    >
    > runas /user:domain\admin-user "start \\DC\netlogon\file.reg"
    >
    > or similar, but well, I cant get it to work.
    >

    > This is on a Win2kpro/Win2ksvr/Winxppro network.
    > Im trying to run this as myself(domain admin), but well, I cant get it
    > to work.

    Wouldn't you want to use regedit /s \\DC\netlogon\file.reg for the
    last part to avoid getting prompted to add info to registry?

    wogers nemesis, Aug 9, 2004

  3. wogers nemesis wrote:
    > Wouldn't you want to use regedit /s \\DC\netlogon\file.reg for the
    > last part to avoid getting prompted to add info to registry?

    frankly I dont really care about the prompt either way, if it works, I
    owe you a chocy fish.

    woohoo, I owe you a chocy fish, thanks.

    --
    Dave Hall