    the render stats.... is there a simple dos command i can add to the bat
    file that will keep the prompt open when the batch job is finished....?

    cheerz

    gimp, May 20, 2004

  2. gimp

    gimp Guest

    i should've mentioned the original bat files don't actually enter a
    command to open a prompt, they just say "render" which opens a dos prompt.

    gimp, May 20, 2004

  3. gimp

    Alan Howard Guest

    try putting 'pause' on the last line - it'll prompt with 'Press any key to
    continue...'

    Alan

    Alan Howard, May 20, 2004
  4. gimp

    Collector Guest

    gimp wrote:

    > i should've mentioned the original bat files don't actually enter a
    > command to open a prompt, they just say "render" which opens a dos
    > prompt.

    You could try just adding a pause command as the last command. I am not
    sure if the operation will branch back to the bat file before closing
    the command interpreter thou.

    Collector, May 20, 2004
  5. gimp

    Don Gould Guest

    gimp wrote:

    > this is an oddball dos question...
    >
    > i've made these .bat files that execute my 3D renders on my desktop (the
    > files basically just open a dos prompt and execute commands from there),
    > problem is when the render job is finished the command prompt
    > automatically closes... but i need that prompt to stay open so i can see
    > the render stats.... is there a simple dos command i can add to the bat
    > file that will keep the prompt open when the batch job is finished....?
    >
    > cheerz

    pause

    Don Gould, May 20, 2004
  6. gimp

    gimp Guest

    Alan Howard wrote:
    > try putting 'pause' on the last line - it'll prompt with 'Press any key to
    > continue...'
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > "gimp" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>i should've mentioned the original bat files don't actually enter a
    >>command to open a prompt, they just say "render" which opens a dos prompt.

    sweet - thanks :)

    gimp, May 20, 2004
  7. gimp

    me Guest

    I use PAUSE on my backup so I can see that it worked the next morning.

    me, May 20, 2004