Batch downloading from online photo storage

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brett, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Brett

    Brett Guest

    I have a couple questions - thanks for your time!
    1) What is a good site that allows batch downloading of my online
    photos?
    -Fototime allows it, but I have to install a $30 program onto each
    computer I use to download photos.
    -xdrive allows 'folder download', but it doesn't display thumbnails of
    photos.
    -Smugmug charges nothing for storage, just for traffic - brilliant!
    -Yahoo and smugmug have excellent interfaces and customer service, but
    do not support this batch download feature.
    -Client programs like the idrive (for ibackup) are inconvenient. The
    smartest interfaces I've seen have IE snap-ins, and work seamlessly
    through my company's firewall.
    -I'd rather not have to ftp to download pictures. But I guess it's
    better than one at a time!
    -I am hoping to pay about $50-$100 per year for 500MB storage (or the
    unlimited variety)

    2) What is another newsgroup or discussion board that discusses topics
    like these?

    -Brett
    Brett, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Brett

    Brett Guest

    EUREKA!!!
    http://www.smugmug.com
    UNLIMITED storage space, only a charge for bandwidth usage!
    $30/year for 2GB/month of traffic
    $50/year for 4GB/month of traffic
    $100/year for 8GB/month of traffic.
    Excellent interface, responsive customer service!
    -Brett

    Brett, Jan 28, 2004