    I can't get bat2exe to run under W2K, does anyone know of anything that can
    convert a bat to either exe or com?

    TIA
    Brian H¹©, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    JIM Guest

    Run it in true dos mode, That should work

    JIM, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    JIM said:

    > Run it in true dos mode, That should work

    What do you mean by true dos mode?
    You have to run it at a command (dos) prompt to be able to give the name of the
    output file, so I have been trying to run it at a prompt.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    JIM Guest

    If you make a basic bootdisk / www.bootdisk.com
    boot from the disk and locate your batch file and use the convertor
    it should work.

    JIM, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    JIM said:

    > If you make a basic bootdisk / www.bootdisk.com
    > boot from the disk and locate your batch file and use the convertor
    > it should work.

    I've got the boot disks, but whenever I use them to boot, I only seem to get the
    windoze Setup procedure.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 9, 2003
  6. Brian H¹©

    JIM Guest

    http://web.cs.mun.ca/~michael/samba/w95bootdisk.html

    Use the link to create a billy boot
    once you have the files, Copy them onto a floppy.

    you will need to switch the the path of your bat file
    i.e cd c:\batchfiles assuming that your file is in this folder

    JIM, Dec 9, 2003
  7. Brian H¹©

    JIM Guest

    sorry forgot to mention, u only need the command.com / msdos.sys /

    JIM, Dec 9, 2003
  8. Brian H¹©

    M Mullen Guest

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:22:48 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    (e-mail sent if a reply)

    |> I can't get bat2exe to run under W2K, does anyone know of anything that can
    |> convert a bat to either exe or com?

    Jim's right you need to get to a decent dos.

    Recently I've gotten into emulators Nes, Amiga, etc....
    search for: Dosbox060_Dos_Emulator.exe
    I haven't used it yet, but it might be what your looking for. And hey on the
    bright side with this program you can play the old Commander Keen series.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    M Mullen, Dec 9, 2003
  9. On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:54:52 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

    >JIM said:
    >
    >> Run it in true dos mode, That should work

    >What do you mean by true dos mode?
    >You have to run it at a command (dos) prompt to be able to give the name of the
    >output file, so I have been trying to run it at a prompt.

    Got me, the copy I have that came with source code always ran in
    Windows '2000 and Windows/XP.... I don't use 2000 any more, but
    remember when I ran it, it ran perfectly fine.... maybe you might want
    to go to simtel.net and download another copy?
    John H. Guillory, Dec 9, 2003
  10. Brian H¹©

    JIM Guest

    Send me the batch, I will convert it for you and i will send the working
    convertor tool.

    JIM, Dec 10, 2003
  11. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    JIM said:

    > Send me the batch, I will convert it for you and i will send the working
    > convertor tool.

    It is a one-liner, so if you would like to create and convert a batch file
    called runit which contains the line runitnow.bat, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 10, 2003
  12. Brian H¹©

    Plato Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > > Run it in true dos mode, That should work

    > What do you mean by true dos mode?
    > You have to run it at a command (dos) prompt to be able to give the name of the
    > output file, so I have been trying to run it at a prompt.

    There is NO true dos mode in NT. Just use any dos bootdisk and your
    running true dos. Heck, use a 6.22 disk.
    Plato, Dec 10, 2003
  13. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Plato said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>
    >>> Run it in true dos mode, That should work

    >> What do you mean by true dos mode?
    >> You have to run it at a command (dos) prompt to be able to give the name of
    >> the output file, so I have been trying to run it at a prompt.

    > There is NO true dos mode in NT. Just use any dos bootdisk and your
    > running true dos. Heck, use a 6.22 disk.

    I know that, that's why I mentioned about using a command prompt as opposed to a
    dos prompt.
    Plus, the reason I didn't ask how to boot to DOS mode.

    I'll probably buy 6.22 again some day, as I would like to run a DOS only
    environment.

    In the meantime, any reason why I can only get the Windows Setup when I use the
    startup disks?
    Brian H¹©, Dec 10, 2003
  14. Brian H¹©

    Plato Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > In the meantime, any reason why I can only get the Windows Setup when I use the
    > startup disks?

    If you're talking about NT floppies they aren't really bootdisks,
    they're setup disks. They are really only for folks who are having
    problems booting from the CD when they need to redo their system.
    Plato, Dec 10, 2003
  15. Brian H¹©

    DrDos

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Go to the command prompt where the file exists.
    Run^CMD<ENTER>
    Type bat2exe <Name of file to convert to using 8.3 _Eight characters and the "exe" extension. > <ENTER>

    This will work even in XP in the command mode.
    DrDos, Mar 23, 2007