basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by k65020@gmail.com, Dec 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hi group,

    i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
    connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
    all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
    only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
    routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
    the routers ospf interfaces

    ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)

    routerA: router ospf 1
    network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1

    BUT

    if I use

    routerA: router ospf 1
    network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
    all interfaces, i think)

    ospf routes are learned!!
    , Dec 8, 2007

  2. Guest

    On 8 Dec, 14:37, wrote:
    > hi group,
    >
    > i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
    > connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
    > all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
    > only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
    > routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
    > the routers ospf interfaces
    >
    > ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)
    >
    > routerA: router ospf 1
    > network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1
    >
    > BUT
    >
    > if I use
    >
    > routerA: router ospf 1
    > network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
    > all interfaces, i think)
    >
    > ospf routes are learned!!

    You have not described your network in detail however it
    appears that you have 'discovered' a bit about how ospf on
    cisco works.

    Have you looked at the ospf section of the IOS
    Configuration Guide?

    The network statement is used to specify which
    interfaces to include in the ospf process.
    , Dec 8, 2007

  3. CK Guest

    CK, Dec 11, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Dec 8, 6:37 am, wrote:
    > hi group,
    >
    > i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
    > connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
    > all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
    > only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
    > routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
    > the routers ospf interfaces
    >
    > ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)
    >
    > routerA: router ospf 1
    > network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1
    >
    > BUT
    >
    > if I use
    >
    > routerA: router ospf 1
    > network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
    > all interfaces, i think)
    >
    > ospf routes are learned!!

    I agree with the other posters...we need to know more about your
    topology.. Can you post the configurations for each device?

    Thanks,
    neteng
    http://blog.humanmodem.com
    , Dec 12, 2007
  5. Guest

    On 13 Dis, 07:42, "" <>
    wrote:
    > On Dec 8, 6:37 am, wrote:
    >

    > > hi group,

    > > i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
    > > connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
    > > all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
    > > only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
    > > routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
    > > the routers ospf interfaces

    > > ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)

    > > routerA: router ospf 1
    > > network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1

    > > BUT

    > > if I use

    > > routerA: router ospf 1
    > > network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
    > > all interfaces, i think)

    > > ospf routes are learned!!

    > I agree with the other posters...we need to know more about your
    > topology.. Can you post the configurations for each device?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > netenghttp://blog.humanmodem.com- Itago ang tekstong may panipi -
    >
    > -Ipakita ang tekstong may panipi-

    the configs are nothing special and the physical links are pretty
    cisco recommended

    2 4507s and 2 7206s full meshed to one another

    in ospf its basically, telling witch interfaces ospf will participate
    on
    , Dec 13, 2007